Z-11 intake manifold lower half on E bay

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Just a FYI, I'm working on making a valley piece right now. May consider making it a kit to base sheet metal intakes from or a base to make your own intake. It will be pieces that need fit and welded together.

This is the early stages of it.....flanges, distributor pad, water crossover, and a plate for the valley. Making the water crossover universal enough to fit many applications, trim to fit.

Last edited:

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I like Bossman's ideas. They always seem to be good.:bow:idea

I always thought that someone should make a valley cover ( adapter plate ) so you could bolt up any Chevy small block intake or maybe a big block intake instead.
I guess it wouldn't have to be a Chevy intake either. If the Mopar ones would work better than that would be ok too.
The only reason why I said small block Chevy is because you would have tons of choices and the cost of the intakes would be cheaper.
Looking at the Z-11 intakes maybe GM figured it out for us already. Someone could make a 2 piece kit and have multiple choices for carbs.
The valley pan would be the same for all the 348 and 409 engines but the intake top could have one 4 barrel or two 4 barrel configurations. A guy could
even have one with 3 deuces or whatever. :crazy

Last edited:

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Easier said than done. You have different bore spacings involved, bank offsets, not to mention deck heights. The major downside to a 409 is the narrow valley. I figured the lower piece would be helpful to establish a simple thing to work from. The intake itself will still have to get diced and sliced to fit.