Z-11 production??

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
Does anybody have a registry of '63 Z-11 production and what cars are left? How about the '62 cars? Did the '62 cars have the Z-11 heads and intake and a standard 409 shortblock? :dunno

Thanks

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Is there a particular car that you're wondering about? I do have some notes about some stuff and I might be able to help you with that.
Ross

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey DQ,
What article is that featuring the Mystery Motor? Sure has some great pics and info!!
Ross

No409

Supporting Member 1
this guy i know, has been into 09`s since new, has a book hes been working on, and its got vin numbers, and whereabouts of a lot of z-11`s. some are long gone, but the aluminum stuff is accounted for. his bud has a Z-11, i forget which one it is. next time i see him, ill ask. i dont know when he plans on publishing this book( if he even intends to). guy is a wealth of knowledge, and his basement is just chock full of 63-64 NOS parts, A few 09`s, and tons of factory books and records. been collecting since the 60`s. if anyone needs some peticular information, i can see if he has it about z-11`s

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Impalaguru said:
Hey DQ,
What article is that featuring the Mystery Motor? Sure has some great pics and info!!
Ross
Thats an old Hot Rod if I remember right.
Got it packed away somewhere so I can`t confirm it or give a date.
I`m sure someone else remembers. If not I`ll try and dig it up later,,

It is filled with great pictures and info ,,,,dq

M

MK IISS

Mk II

"I started with 409 bore centers. That was the only thing I kept, although the bottom lip of the crankcase looked a lot like a 409 as far as the oil pan was concerned. From there on up, it was completely different."

"The uniqueness of that engine was from the pan rail up. It was all new. All castings were brand new. The block was a four and five-sixteenths inch bore and three and half inch stroke giving 409 cubic inches to start. That was the way it was in July of 1962."

Dick Keinath
Chief Engine Engineer