Z-11 restoration

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks guys.

I have always heard about the fingernail feel point, however I also heard there is a new process that works.

Can’t remember where I saw it.

Hoping someone here knows of a process.

Thanks.
Satellite Autoglass.They use a resin to fill and polish rock chips. Must be true...saw it on tv

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Love that you kept the original glass with the stickers. That stuff is priceless to hardcore guys like me! Phil did the same thing with the Dave Cates Biscayne and although some were barely readable it was crazy cool to see them intact!

RussC

Well Known Member
Years ago I had a windshield with a deep wiper mark over 1/8" wide. I took it to a shop that did glass repair. They polished it out. You can feel it...there is optical distortion. But it is clear. This was a deep wide white scratch. Might be someone around the used car business that knows who can do it for you!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Pat.....I had an NOS back glass for my 63. Took it up to Auto City Classics when I picked all my new side glass. I wanted them to remove the original date code from the NOS one and said not too. Polishing a "wooped tedoo" that you could see from the sides.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Pat:
What is the paint on the valve covers or is that a deep dark Al secret? If you are divulging whose light cork cover gaskets?
Robert