Z-11 restoration

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I tried to get ahold of BC and he's on his way to Texas,I can't be sure on the production numbers he told me but I know it was somewhere around a 100 maybe 200. What you say makes perfectly good sense and I trust your knowledge (and documents!) I just thought it was interesting that he had mentioned that they were putting these new high horsepower big engines in those vehicles. and the fact that somewhere around this time he said that Chevrolet had canceled its racing program. Your knowledge is priceless, and I was wondering if you have a library?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
We had two motors, one 421 SD and a 389 SD. The 421 came from Pontiac, was a complete motor that was shipped to Worth from Ray Nichols. In the early sixties Nichols was to Pontiac what Holman Moody was to Ford. When Jimmy Pardue switched to Plymouth Worth bought a complete 389 motor from him
Two motors!!! Jeremy was telling me down at Charlotte a couple of years ago how many of the new motors (RO8’s I think)were being assembled in the Childress shop and dyno’d in a week
Robert

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Mr. Colbert......it was honor to have spent time with you this weekend!!!!! Love your stories and humor!!!!!!!!
Example: Dave asked if I would like his contact information. I said CERTAINLY. He said "here's my business card...but the contact information is wrong"!!!!!!!!!!!
Great time with another 409 legend!!!!!