Z-11 restoration

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Where's Al? Pretty sure that wasn't him in the pic :).

Glad to see that SOMEONE is making progress, I remain in limbo on most all fronts :). I'm blaming it on the weather, which is giving me fits on a number of fronts. At least it's not snowing here (Did I just curse myself?).

Congrats to Pat and his talented team of restorers!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Pat,
Back at the beginning of this thread you showed a picture of the 1963 Indy sticker, I have a 63 Catalina that is a 421HO / 4speed, it was supposely a street racer in the Detriot area and also was raced some on the drag strips. it has these stickers on the dash and windshield20170306_153800.jpg63 catalina.jpg

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Yes, this is the sticker. I am obviously leaving it on the windshield. I talked to Dave Colbert about the car and the sticker. He put it on when he arrived at Indy in ‘63. He told me it was not long before he was put on the trailer. Dave said he made several rounds, but got beat and I do not believe he told me who it was. He said he was not running as fast as he could have. During a previous match race he had beaten the Ramchargers so he knew the car was fast, just not this day.

786E5F76-6006-4D1A-8C1B-CF2E6070FD39.jpeg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Everyone claims they did, I think it's BS. I have searched for years and have never been able to find the Pontiac number. There is a very knowable Pontiac SD gentleman in Ca. that told me he purchased an NOS scoop off of EBay and he claims that there was a GM part number stuck over the Ford part number. When asked to see the box, he says he didn't think anything of it and three the box away. The guy has never lied to me about anything else but I don't believe that. Another source was Hayden and I talked to him at Great Bent and he said he had no knowledge of it. I have never had a chance to talk to Arnie, according to most accounts Arnie was the one that stirred it up. So, the answer to your question to your question is I don't know. Pontiac people will say very positively that there was a part number issued to the scoop but in 20 years of searching nobody can produce it