Z-11 restoration

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just curious, is that a .210 dome on the pistons? Are the heads around 100cc combustion chamber?
Are those the heads at Lingenfelter welded? Am I close at 11.5-1 compression?
Looks awesome and sweet!

Last edited:

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
On the pistons, I’m not sure of dome and cc’s. I’m sure I have the info here somewhere.

I took the original pistons and sent them to Ross where they made the ones you see. They are 13.5’s. I’ll see if I can find the info and post with photos of the original pistons.

The lower end of the MM is Z-11, crankshaft, balancer, Pan rail etc.

409envy

Well Known Member
Pat,
I tip my hat to you and Al, you are living the dream and all of us mear mortals are living vicariously through you. You are an insperation and motivation to me and I'm sure many others on this forum. Thank you!

Next step is getting all these newly reborn Z11's (Colbert, Shaker, Jackshaw, maybe Strange Stuff) together in the same place! Maybe a reunion of sorts?

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I’m droolin’!!!!!:bow:bow:bow That car looks fantastic!!!

If there were a hope in hell of getting every Z11 in existence together in one location, from Ol Reliable to Alan Green to Frank Sanders to this car^^^......even the rusted remains of Thunder, I’d pay good money to see it. $100, $500, maybe even a grand....that’s no bull—-n’ either. Z11 is my dream car. Never seen one in person.