Z-11 TEXAS ROAD TRIP

Well Known Member
Part 2: I hit the post button instead of save!!! Anyway L2R, Russ, Bob, me and Dennis. Got to meet Russ' painter Ted. Then a tour of Fantastic Caverns. If you are in the area you really need to take the 1 hour underground tour!!
Then back to Russ's barns to see all his race cars. The only hiccup of the trip was Russ was not able to go with us the rest of the trip.
So Thurs. morning, off to the Toyota dealership in McKinney to see Pat. Pat gave us the tour of his shop which had the 61 black/red SS Impala station wagon and then his parts room. Spent the night with Pat and his lovely bride Sharon (BOY...did he marry above his pay grade!!!!!!). Then on Fri. Pat took us to a storage building where his cars are being stored until he finishes his new shop at home. Dennis couldn't be off the next week so we dropped him off at a motel at DFW airport. And Bib and I headed west to Hayden. Spent Sat. afternoon and evening and Sunday morning with him. Think I got something that Dennis will like!!
View attachment 65082View attachment 65083View attachment 65082View attachment 65083
Sorry Pat.....I did not take any pictures of your perfect Z-11 car but I know Dennis did!!!!!
Well, that's it!!! 7 days on the road, 1977 miles round trip and about a million laughs and memories!!!! Thank you to Russ and Pat's family to put up with our gang of vagabonds!!!!!! Kinda a life time trip!!!
This is what it’s all about, this forum Builds friendships and memories that last a lifetime.

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
The car is looking great. I have a recent picture of Eddy Anderson on my phone. If I can get it off and onto this page I'll post it." Doc" Santore
passed away several years ago.