Z-11 & Woodward Cruise

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I know some of you are planning to be at the Woodward Cruise this weekend.

We have been working with a vendor for GM Power Train in putting together a Z-11 display engine. GM has several engines they take around to big events for display purposes. I know they have a 64 425HP 409, 63 327 FI, LS6, 389 Pontiac tri-power, 67 435HP 427 and a couple of others. We have been working with them for the last 4 months on putting this Z-11 together. That took all the parts I could find!! It came out of final paint last week and was assembled this week. They will have it somewhere where they display their historical engines.

I would appreciate it if someone could take a couple of pictures of it and send them to me. I would like to see how the engine is displayed. I didn't get to see the 64 425HP engine as it sat at the SEMA show last November.

Thanks!!!

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I know some of you are planning to be at the Woodward Cruise this weekend.

We have been working with a vendor for GM Power Train in putting together a Z-11 display engine. GM has several engines they take around to big events for display purposes. I know they have a 64 425HP 409, 63 327 FI, LS6, 389 Pontiac tri-power, 67 435HP 427 and a couple of others. We have been working with them for the last 4 months on putting this Z-11 together. That took all the parts I could find!! It came out of final paint last week and was assembled this week. They will have it somewhere where they display their historical engines.

I would appreciate it if someone could take a couple of pictures of it and send them to me. I would like to see how the engine is displayed. I didn't get to see the 64 425HP engine as it sat at the SEMA show last November.

Thanks!!!

Phil,
I'll look at the GM displays today to see if the Z-11 is out of it's box yet. Most of the GM displays are just starting to set-up as of noon today.
As soon as I see it I'll snap a few. How do you want it floormated, Web-site, disc or hard copys?

The cruise has been building momentum for the last few weeks now. I feel that the best days are the week days before the Satarday cruise. As of last night their was about 2 or 3 miles of good looking cars parking along Woodward in parking spaces not to mention all the cars that were running up & down the street.

BEEN A GREAT WEEK ALREADY.

Dave

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Phil,
Tried today but GM Powertrain will not let anyone near the display until Sat. They said it's there so I'll shoot them early in the AM before the crowd shows-up.

Dave

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
come on Phil let him post them on the site. You know we love pictures!!!!!!!!
Robert

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Z-11

Phil,
My son sent you about 14 pictures today. The engines 409 & Z-11 / Mystery were under glass cases in a tent with no lighting. Not the best display area to take pictures.

If you did not receive them please let us know.

Dave

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Got them last night Dave!! Many THANKS!!!
Do you want to post some of the different engines?????

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Z-11

Got them last night Dave!! Many THANKS!!!
Do you want to post some of the different engines?????

Phil,
It's your call on that Phil we got them for you. If you think there good to view send them out. With the bad lighting and the reflection of the flash on the glass plus other factors those were the best we could do.

I looked over the set my son sent me and found that I could zoom the pictures to show them on the full screen. Hope you could do the same with yours.

Dave