Z11 As-Delivered Engine Compartment

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Phil! How many of the current Forum members were also 409CCA members in the late '70s and '80s? It would be nice to see all those fine names and a bit of personal history again ands how many are left and doing well.If you are interested in speaking up and being found, leave a name and message and let's see what we get!I never assigned myself a number,since I wrote the newsletter.It sure was fun!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Seems like there is a HUGE amount of 409 knowledge going to waste on this board that should be in a book. From folks in the day such as racers, engine builders, guys like Greg, Phil, and Raj with all they could contribute would make a best seller. Too bad somehow all these kinds of people couldn't write their history stories and someone put those together into a book form.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Seems like there is a HUGE amount of 409 knowledge going to waste on this board that should be in a book. From folks in the day such as racers, engine builders, guys like Greg, Phil, and Raj with all they could contribute would make a best seller. Too bad somehow all these kinds of people couldn't write their history stories and someone put those together into a book form.

It'd sell because it would be XXX rated too.

david montanbeau

Well Known Member
When was the Mid West 409 club formed? I think I joined in 78? I think the press was out of Highland Chicago. I believe he owned the car in the bottom row right corner. Zubal on the lower left with the 1st clone Proffitt car that we built in 1980.
This was taken at the Grove in 80-81? t was the 09 meet.
.1962 Proffitt Clone (14).JPG