Z11 Auction

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I believe it sold at 300k..I was there and I heard it go but my brain turned tooatmeal after a while..pretty sure it was 300k though...

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Z-11

Well, nuts. I shoulda been there. Was afraid it would go higher and I couldn't afford it.:roll :roll :roll :roll :bang

Sad thing is I coulda had one in 63 for an extra $1200.00+. But, I'll bet if I had done it then, I would have sold it and thought I had gotten a good price for it.:doh

Had really good vision of the future:takethat

Had a 69 COPO Camaro. Sold that in 1 year:cry

Too soon old, too late smart.

Fred

Loafer409

Supporting Member 1
SS425HP said:
Well, nuts. I shoulda been there. Was afraid it would go higher and I couldn't afford it.:roll :roll :roll :roll :bang

Sad thing is I coulda had one in 63 for an extra $1200.00+. But, I'll bet if I had done it then, I would have sold it and thought I had gotten a good price for it.:doh

Had really good vision of the future:takethat

Had a 69 COPO Camaro. Sold that in 1 year:cry

Too soon old, too late smart.

Fred

Ain't that the sad truth....:grumble: :grumble:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
$300k ???

Wow! These Z-11s are going up faster than I thought. So much for saving your pennies, saving your dimes...

TomK

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Still no numbers on the Z-11 but here are a few results from my Mecum Auction Weekly Reader,,,dq :doh

Our 10th Annual Fall Premier Auction in St. Charles was an incredible success. Preliminary numbers indicate sales were $20,742,015. Highlights of the weekend include the five-car Yenko collection selling for $1,785,000; the 1969 ZL1 Camaro for $840,000; and a 1971 Hemi Cuda for $840,000. If you weren't there, you missed the biggest and best muscle car auction ever! And if you were, thanks for helping make it the success it was. Complete results will be on our web site in the next day or two.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Car prices

Rediculous prices. Still think there is a lot of money laundering going on at these things. OR just plain idiots.

Fred

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
SS425HP said:
Rediculous prices. Still think there is a lot of money laundering going on at these things. OR just plain idiots.

Fred

FRED,,, You hit it on the head with the last part of your statment !!!

BUT,,, These are RICH IDIOTS!!!!!:scratch :cuss

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The guy who bought the Z 11 has a few others I hear...I don't think he is an idiot though...they aren't making any more of them...I wish I could have got it.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
If I had won the 340 million powerball last week, I would have been there bidding!! If I could buy any one Z-11 it would be the Ivy Green one originally raced by Rick Schroeder!! I've been in love with that car since it appeared in Super Chevy several years ago. Its one of the most beautiful restorations I've EVER seen on ANY restored car:eek:
Ross

oil4kids

Well Known Member
From a historical point of view- there a big turning point for chevrolet racing- im sure there worth the extra bucks to real keepers of the flame

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
4onthefloor said:
The guy who bought the Z 11 has a few others I hear...I don't think he is an idiot though...they aren't making any more of them...I wish I could have got it.

I don`t think a Z-11 is in the same ballpark as the other cars sold there,,, it is a very rare car and should bring big bucks as should any very limited production collector car. It`s the other cars that fetch these unbelievable prices that the idiots buy,,,
But then again,, I guess I`m a little biased towards the Z11 !!!:brow ,,dq

The Z-11 went for $315K !!!!go to the site and join as a user and check out the prices on some of the cars !!!!!
Incredible !!!!