Z11 Cars, All Accounted For???

Lost in the 60's

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yup Warroad is west and slightly north of St Francis ON, but why even reference a town 100 miles away and in another country to locate Warroad, MN ??? Doesn't make sense...:dunno

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I guess because people that cross the Canadian border at St Francis to go fishing would remember where it is and maybe relate to Warroad's location. I was surprised how far North Warroad is. So that was the first landmark that came to mind. Sorry for the confusion. The guy sure has some nice stuff and I wish he was closer.

Lost in the 60's

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yup, he IS almost Canadian... long haul from IA for sure. World of Wheels is coming back to the Twin Cities this Month at the new Viking Stadium. He is bringing down some of his Camaros for the 50th anniversary. He has an all original '67 Yenko 427 Camaro and a I think a Z28.
Did you see the '62 409 4 speed convert ? I drool every time I walk up to that car.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I had a guy walk in to my work place (6 months ago) ADMCARS.COM and tell me he had a 1963 Z11 he bought at an estate auction back in the 80's. Funny part was he didn't know it was called a Z11 or its racing history. He described the key parts to a T before I ever mentioned any knowledge of what he was talking about. He would only give me his first name and he is from out east. That was all I could get out of him once I mentioned how rare that car was and that people like me would give a kidney to see it setting in storage. He knew to much about the special parts it had for it to be false. I'd make a bunch of people very sick if I told you how little he bought it for. He didn't care to let anyone know its still around, I had to restrain myself from following him back to his work place. Sad to see people letting things collect dust hidden. No joy in life comes from hiding things that should be shared for all to see/experience. That is why I have been hunting for a M/T crossram intake, to show it working not hord it. If I had a Z11 I would pistol whip it every weekend I could like Dave's "Crusher".

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Who has the Terry Prince Z-11, sold new from Service Chevrolet in Pasadena? I saw it some 30 or so years ago when it was for sale. It is shown on the list above as being restored.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Greg....I worked for Tom Jacobson for 10 weeks in Feb. and March in 1985. Someone called him with the car for sale. He bought it. Later that same week, he got another call for a Z11 engine for sale. Bought it!!!
Tom had the car for years and then sold it to Willie Smith. Willie restored it to original. Willie also had the Frank Sander's car. Roger Sortino bought both cars and lettered them up like they were raced.
Both cars were sold about 3-4 years ago. Jody here on the forum has a friend who ended up with the Frank Sander's car. I do not know where Terry's car is.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
The white one would have been an ambitious project. I saw it about then an the guy who had it wanted $2500 for it. It had an altered wheelbase, a straight axle, still had the alumium fenders which weren't bad, the aluminum hood had a round hole cut through the middle of it, but it could have been fixed, the doors were gutted,but it did still have the VIN plate at that time. I later found out that Tom bought it. Is Tom still around? He was the nicest guy you could ask for.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I had a guy walk in to my work place (6 months ago) ADMCARS.COM and tell me he had a 1963 Z11 he bought at an estate auction back in the 80's. Funny part was he didn't know it was called a Z11 or its racing history. He described the key parts to a T before I ever mentioned any knowledge of what he was talking about. He would only give me his first name and he is from out east. That was all I could get out of him once I mentioned how rare that car was and that people like me would give a kidney to see it setting in storage. He knew to much about the special parts it had for it to be false. I'd make a bunch of people very sick if I told you how little he bought it for. He didn't care to let anyone know its still around, I had to restrain myself from following him back to his work place. Sad to see people letting things collect dust hidden. No joy in life comes from hiding things that should be shared for all to see/experience. That is why I have been hunting for a M/T crossram intake, to show it working not hord it. If I had a Z11 I would pistol whip it every weekend I could like Dave's "Crusher".
Just following up to see if the guy with the Estate Sale Z-11 ever came back?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
He didnt want anyone to know he had it and didnt think i would have a clue what it was. Once he realized I was interested he left. It will remain hidden until he dies. One of those guys that holds onto stuff to hold on to it. No intent on letting the world know where it is or which on it is either. I tried to get more info.