Z11 Heads and intakes on Hemmings

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It looks like those heads were over the counter. Our experts out there would know. Has anyone learned how many were sold over the counter? May be less than the 50 that went on the cars. I have a GM parts book from the 70's and they were not cheap.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I think they retailed for $96 bare in 63.

Being over paid back then I would have had to work 2 weeks for one.

Not sure anyone has production info on how many were made.
The 50 cars obviously account for 100. Then they made 20 short blocks, but no info on heads, intake or valley covers. There were some parts cast into later years, like 1965.

H

HOTROD409

Interesting thread........it's great to hear that a restored Z11 car is worth 62K today.....sign me up, I have cash !!!
Wouldn't it be great if the gentlemen was 70+ yr's old and these were extra parts from the Z11 car he had squirreled away ?????
Glad to hear he is a nice guy to talk to........better news is he can touch those parts.....

"If the valve covers were square.........no one would care":crazy

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Interesting thread........it's great to hear that a restored Z11 car is worth 62K today.....sign me up, I have cash !!!
Wouldn't it be great if the gentlemen was 70+ yr's old and these were extra parts from the Z11 car he had squirreled away ?????
Glad to hear he is a nice guy to talk to........better news is he can touch those parts.....

"If the valve covers were square.........no one would care":crazy
Looking at your avatar pic, are you Conrad Kalitta ?