- Cubic Inch=409
- Firing order=1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
- Engine Weight=640/650lbs
- Forged Crank=has bell shaped flywheel bolt flange
- Connecting rod length=6.00 inches
- Connecting rod weight=25.025 ounces
- Crankshaft mains=2.4977
- Push rod length=exhaust 9.140, intake 8.772
- Fuel pump pushrod length=5.75 inches
- Dipstick on Passenger side
- Spark plugs=AC43N (standard), AC44N (hotter), AC42N (colder)
- Spark plug gap=.035"
- Rocker arm ratio=1.75:1
- Internally balanced
- X on block starting mid year of '62
- All 409's were assembled at the Tonowanda plant.
*note, there were some blocks with CFD cast into them that were supposed to have come from the Central Foundry Division when there was a strike at the Tonowanda plant.
Click here to view a sample
Production of 409 equipped cars:
43,755 409 engines were produced from 1961-1965.
- 1965-2,828-(2,086 340hp/742 400hp)
These totals do not include trucks