1886 winchester

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Just picked up an 1886 Winchester made in 1887. Haven’t had a 86 Winchester in a few years. Glad to have another one. Has a 26 inch octagon barrel, crescent butt, straight stock in 45-90 caliber. Shoots like a dream. Has Cody authentication. Was going to have this one converted to 50-110, but since it is as delivered in 1887, I will leave it alone. Have found an original 50-110 and am waiting on a price for that one as well. Two is better than one.E6404155-130F-466D-87F6-D7FE5AF437B8.jpeg

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I took it out hunting this weekend, but never got anything. The fella I bought it from was speechless when I told him it was going to be my deer hunting rifle. I’m not sure he believed me. His mistake. :teehee

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Back when introduced in 1886 it was, then around 1900 or so, they came out with smokeless powder loads. I will shoot smokeless due to the corrosiveness of black powder. Disassembling the 1886 to clean after firing is no small task, so smokeless for the win.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I also have a big bore lever in 450 Marlin much more modern but fun to shoot ported barrel, kicks like a mule I love to surprise friends with shooting it, they always ask why it kicks so much