409 drippers...need advice please

msmit62

Well Known Member
Hey guys,

I need to order some aftermarket drippers in order to have them installed in a set of non-dripper covers. Is there any difference b/w Show Cars drippers and Late Great Chevy drippers? Also, do they come with a template in order to line them up correctly? Is there anything special I have to tell they guy who welds them? Should I call a body shop to have them do the work or would a normal welding/fabricating shop have a spot welder?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Measure

I don't know if there is a difference in drippers, but either should serve the purpose, they are ment for stock rockers with ball swivels. I would get a magnetic telescoping parts pickup tool and cut it shorter. Place the mag head on the rocker stud (tape it if needed), tape a felt tip marker tip to the end, extend it a little and then place the valve cover on the head. Be sure all is in a verticle alignment (use a level if needed) as the oil will drop straight down. When you remove the valve cover it will have a mark where the dripper should be positioned. Drill small holes in the dripper bar and mig weld to the inside of the valve cover. There! That's how I would do it.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Drippers

Buy yourself a set of roller rocker arms, and you won't need the drippers. They are only needed on stock rocker arms. Easier, and maybe a wash with the drippers and welding.

Fred

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
If you need help placing your drippers, e-mail Aqua409. He is a member of this site and has done exactly what you are wondering about. He knows a welder with the correct size spot for this application. Good luck!
Ross