409 turbo fire?

doc396

Well Known Member
thanks, i have heard of that cruise. i have been to super chevy at the speedway but not the blue suade cruise. i think that weekend is the same as the local lancaster old car club show (ohio) which i like to attend each year. thats for the heads up though. dennis :beerbang

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ohio.

Doc, I was born in Athens Oh and have been to the Lancaster show with my 60 Impala. My Bro lives in New Marshfield Oh. Where are you from??

doc396

Well Known Member
i live near lithopolis ohio, its about 10 miles southeast of the columbus I-270 outerbelt. did you go to the show last june? i had my 65 L/78 bel air at the show on sunday. dennis

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Show.

Dennis, I haven't been to that show in 3 years, been your way plenty! Sometimes we take Rt. 33 out of Columbus into Athens.

doc396

Well Known Member
i'll keep my i open for that 60! i have something you might remember if you grew up in athens, 1967 king midget. it's all stock. dennis

From what I've read and seen the Z-11 didn't have any emblems from the factory.

The Z-11 had special valve covers because of the pushrod guide plates and angle of the surface where the valve covers bolted on. The original ones I've seen were painted silver (no not the greenish tinged) and photo's of the engines from back in the day didn't have any stickers (of course).

You remember something someone told you back when you were 9 or 10?. That's SOME memory!.

doc396

Well Known Member
it was a fairly new car then maybe a year old. it had a sound like no other and left a BIG impression on me. i guess i never got over the big car-big engine mark it left on me. i have forgotten a lot of other things though! dennis

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
King midget.

I sure do remember the Midget. Saw a few parked in downtown Athens when I was a kid, funny I didn't see more of them. I don't think they sold well in Athens! I've seen a few at some of the bigger car shows, pretty rare huh? I can remember them advertised in Popular Mechanics Mag.

doc396

Well Known Member
Fran Preve said:
From what I've read and seen the Z-11 didn't have any emblems from the factory.

The Z-11 had special valve covers because of the pushrod guide plates and angle of the surface where the valve covers bolted on. The original ones I've seen were painted silver (no not the greenish tinged) and photo's of the engines from back in the day didn't have any stickers (of course).

You remember something someone told you back when you were 9 or 10?. That's SOME memory!.
THE WHITE 63 IMPALA ON THE Z-11 FACTS PAGE MUST BE A RESTORATION PICTURE? IT SHOWS WHAT LOOKS LIKE 327 EMBLEMS TO ME? I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THESE CARS EXCEIPT WHAT I HAVE READ? DENNIS

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Z-11 markings--NONE

The Z-11 cars had the crossed flags, only, a sign that indicated the 327 back then. There was no markings to signify the Z-11 or 427 motor.

Fred

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Definitly not an expert, but what I've seen and read is that the Z11 had 327 emblems. Sticks in my mind because I thought that it was wierd; why 327 emblems?! :dunno