61, 62 Impala door holes???

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The passager door of the 61 and 62 Impala Ht have 2 small 1/4 holes just outside the point of the vent window and about 6 inches in from the door mirrow. What were these holes used for and if not used what covers the holes. Thanks Larry
and thank those who wished me a happy birthday, big 65.
61 Impala 086.jpg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Larry,
There is a little rubber flap that fits there, it seals the crack between the vent window frame and the door itself. The flap has 2 tits that push through those holes to hold it in place.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Larry,
Hopefully these photos will explain what I was trying to say. These rubber flaps aren't usually available from the Chevrolet vendors. I get mine from Steele Rubber Products. They are part number 70-1460-70. Pretty expensive @ $29.10/pr.

Attachments

• DSC_00022.jpg
    DSC_00022.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_000122.jpg
    DSC_000122.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 91

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks

Tommy,

Thanks for posting the part number, I was wondering the same thing as AZ409. Maybe that will quiet some of my wind noise !!!!! :brow:clap

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tommmy: I noticed in the second picture of the vent rubber a small chip in the paint. I would assume you're going to repaint again before Charlotte?:roll:roll:roll If I got a buck for the chips in mine I would have gas money for the Texas trip.:brow
robert

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
"I noticed in the second picture of the vent rubber a small chip in the paint"

Well......damn, thanks for pointing that out, if I had noticed it I would not have posted that picture!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Tommy...I saw it too but........................I'm too much of a gentleman to mention it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll:roll:roll:roll