62 Impala On A Pole

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
This may be common knowledge to you guys in Indiana but as I was driving through Charlestown in SE Indiana a couple of days ago I saw a 62 Impala mounted on a pole about 50 ft in the air. It was red with a white top and looked pretty complete with lettering on the side. I'm sure there must be an interesting story there.:scratch

I'm on at library computer here in Lawrenceburg, Indiana so I can't post the pics but I will after I get home if anyone is interested.

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
PLEASE SEND PICTURES!! there is a C1 corvette on a pole south of milwaukee on I94, and a 61 impala sliced off and mounted on a building in chattanooga.also in south eastern michigan there is a 69/70 rustang fastback sliced off and mounted on a barn. pretty cool stuff!!

wc chevys

Well Known Member
All American Classics has a complete side of a 62 impala on its roof, they show it on there web site

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Ok, I managed to download the pics. Here they are.:clap

Attachments

• 62pole1.JPG
    62pole1.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 62pole2.jpg
    62pole2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 128
  • 62pole3.JPG
    62pole3.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 155

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Air 09

That car is nicer than some of the ones Phil Reed Buys.
QS409

Sorry Phil, the devil made me do it.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's definitely better than the one I have been working on! :bang :bang :bang 7 months and I just finished replacing sheet metal today. :beerbang

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
hey Cecil

you are in my area!!! about an hour away. If you are still in the neighborhood. you are welcome anytime. I could show of where i work. 88 dynos

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
you are in my area!!! about an hour away. If you are still in the neighborhood. you are welcome anytime. I could show of where i work. 88 dynos
Thomas,
Thanks for the invitation. I'm in Burlington ,Ky now and heading into Ohio tomorrow. I'm on kind of a tight schedule trying to get everything done this trip. Wish I had time Though.:dunno

wc chevys

Well Known Member
Cecil where in Ohio are you headed,we are right outside of Zanesville. Z-ville is on I70 ,55 miles east of Columbus. My brother is the one with FREDS old car.Also in our garages are 2 60 belairs ,2 61 belairs,1 62 ss hardtop ,FREDS car a 63 4 door thats Cubbys every day ride.A 64 2 door hardtop,66 2 door hardtop,67 2 door sedan, 70 4 door that was his every day car .and several other chevrolets

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil where in Ohio are you headed,we are right outside of Zanesville. Z-ville is on I70 ,55 miles east of Columbus. My brother is the one with FREDS old car. Also in our garages are 2 60 belairs ,2 61 belairs,1 62 ss hardtop ,FREDS car a 63 4 door thats Cubbys every day ride.A 64 2 door hardtop,66 2 door hardtop,67 2 door sedan, 70 4 door that was his every day car .and several other chevrolets

As soon as I finish here in Wilmington, I'm headed to Greene County, NY. I will have to check but I'm pretty sure I go through Columbus. Probably on Thursday or Friday. Your car collection sounds great.
:clap

wc chevys

Well Known Member
Like I said earlier Zanesville is 55 miles east of Columbus and we are right out side of Z-ville.If you think you are close enough to stop and/or have time you are more than welcome.you can call our shop and I will give you directions. (740) 849-2298 ask for Rob