Chassis Progress Update

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Update on progress on my 62 chassis: I got quite a bit done while on vacation. I am working on getting my engine ready to start in the chassis. I still need a fitting for the fuel pump and a different water outlet and put on one more power steering line. I have also been dealing with driveline angle issues which I have a plan to correct,but it involves cutting and welding. At this point I am glad I went with the POR-15 instead of powder coat, as I have had to touch up a few spots due to rework already.

1-3-09016.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Anniversary Gold!!! I really like that color!!!!

I got to keep my cousin's anniversary gold SS the night before his wedding. He didn't want anybody messin' with it!! His was a 300HP327 Powerglide.

Your project is looking GREAT!!!!:bow:bow

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Great project!

I've been following your progress on this project for some time, great effort and great fabrications! I'm trying to get motivated over the Holidays to get back on my own project, and this offers quite the inspiration!

I just wish I had more space and warmer weather :). My finished frame is in one location, the body in another, and down the basement are all the parts that need restoration and preparation. Seems I tend to stink the house up a lot during the Winter months when I try to get something done, much to my wife's dismay....

Yesterday I coated some new floor pans with POR-15 and when she got home I was read the Riot Act :). Wish I knew she was having company over later in the day. Luckily it was warm for the day and we could open up some windows and run the attic fan.

Why is it that these odors are soooo good smelling to us, and not to our spouses???

Not to change the subject, thanks for sharing your progress on the '62 with the recent pictures.

Cheers!
TomK

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Love the anniversary gold , i have one w/ yellow interior . Can't wait to get started on it !

Nice work !!!!!!

Phil is gonna come and help me ! :roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've been following your progress on this project for some time, great effort and great fabrications! I'm trying to get motivated over the Holidays to get back on my own project, and this offers quite the inspiration!

I just wish I had more space and warmer weather :). My finished frame is in one location, the body in another, and down the basement are all the parts that need restoration and preparation. Seems I tend to stink the house up a lot during the Winter months when I try to get something done, much to my wife's dismay....

Yesterday I coated some new floor pans with POR-15 and when she got home I was read the Riot Act :). Wish I knew she was having company over later in the day. Luckily it was warm for the day and we could open up some windows and run the attic fan.

Why is it that these odors are soooo good smelling to us, and not to our spouses???

Not to change the subject, thanks for sharing your progress on the '62 with the recent pictures.

Cheers!
TomK

All you need to know on that smell subject Tom is that your not alone. Hey Kdurgin your progress is lookin good:beerbang keep up the good work I wish I was that far along

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Love the anniversary gold , i have one w/ yellow interior . Can't wait to get started on it !

Nice work !!!!!!

Phil is gonna come and help me ! :roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll

Yes I will Denny!! You know that!!!

But where we're done..............I'm drivin' the aqua Biscayne home!!!!!!:brow:brow:brow