Corvette Rally Wheels

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I can't remember if I have already asked this or not, but here goes! Does anyone know what the backspacing on a factory 15x8 Corvette rally wheel is? I was thinking that it is 4 inches. A friend is looking to get a new set from Wheel Vintiques for his 65 convertible and I just wanted to verify this for him.
Also, has anyone ran such a wheel on a 65? I'm a little concerned about his front suspension rubbing if the back spacing is too deep. But it seems like you see rallys on 65 and 66 Impalas quite a bit.
Any help would be great!
Ross

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My vette 15 x 8 are 4" on the back space. Ran them on the rear of the 60 for awhile.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I can't remember if I have already asked this or not, but here goes! Does anyone know what the backspacing on a factory 15x8 Corvette rally wheel is? I was thinking that it is 4 inches. A friend is looking to get a new set from Wheel Vintiques for his 65 convertible and I just wanted to verify this for him.
Also, has anyone ran such a wheel on a 65? I'm a little concerned about his front suspension rubbing if the back spacing is too deep. But it seems like you see rallys on 65 and 66 Impalas quite a bit.
Any help would be great!
Ross

Ross,
It depends on the wheel. If it really is a Corvette rally by code ( for example:AZ for 69) and not a passenger car wheel like the FW then it should be fine. The Corvette wheel had a negative offset of .50 where the pass wheel had a positive offset. I had a set of FW's a(from a 70 Monte, I think) on a 68 Corvette and it rubbed the suspension. I used a spacer until I found the right wheels. Colvin's CBTN has a wheel chart in the back that shows the application of all the wheels.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the help, Guys!

Cecil, That chart in the back is very helpful. Lots of great info there. I guess the next thing is to choose the correct tire size. That's a job in its self. At least he knows he wants BFG radials.

Thanks for your help!!

Ross