downunder newbie

40 pickup

hi guys and gals., my name is chris and ive been lurking around here as a visitor for too long now so i thought id better join in.you've all got a top site here with what seems to be a helpfull and sarcastic bunch of people:beerbang:roll. im sure i'll fit in, hopefully. lots of cool info that i'm trying to absorb.particularly the engine builds threads .keep up the good work.oh yeah, by the way:rolleyes: i'm looking for a 409 rebuilder,:roll, just like everyone else, to shove in my pickup, so if you have a real big envelope,that might be handy.otherwise i will just keep my ears open and enjoy this forum

cheers chris

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Oh so you want to join this sarcastic bunch eh:grumble: Well,:scratch Well OK:cheers.:roll Welcome Chris thats some stable of cars you got there. Do you have to import all of those cars or are some of them already there? Ken.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site Chris.:beerbang
A 409 would be awfully cool in your truck.:beerbang

40 pickup

i've been lucky in one sense that the 55 is an aussie delivered , or built actually, and the pickup is also an aussie built ,although both were obviously stamped out in the us,both started out as rhd. and the both 32's are glass bodied cars, but the coupe is still in the build , i just need more time to spend on it, as it seems i have my finger in too many pies.:rolleyes: its taking longer than id like, :cuss.i enjoy the journey as much as the destination, so as im also a machinist, im making a lot of bits, sometimes twice, and most proberly at twice the price of an off the shelf part. oh well ,:cheers all for the hobby. in my town here , its the only rodded 40 truck on the road :D, but theres a few 42-46 ones about so a 409 will be way cool as not many guys here do much out of the norm of 350-t350-9inch.:doh. i think the biggest hurdle for me is to find one that you guys havent picked up:roll but then getting it to a port and on a boat...anyway the wealth of info on here has been worth it in waiting anyway,,:cheers chris