El Nomado

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
:clap Great car Joe. I spent about 30m minutes looking it over at Rhinebeck in the NAPA display as I recall....didn't know it belonged to a member.

uncleo

Well Known Member
Hey Joe-Greetings from Long Branch,N.J.,Americas First Seashore Resort and 7 time U.S.summer Capital and from a long time rod and custom guy....what a ride!....a lot of work but it sure looks great.
The ride is a long one but I would like to see the EL NOMADO at our 14th annual Fathers day Cruise to the Jersey Shore car show at the boardwalk oceanfront next year.
LEE.

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I usually don't care for made up El Camino's but this one is really done right. I love it and it is the right year Chevy.:D Roy

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I usually don't care for made up El Camino's but this one is really done right. I love it and it is the right year Chevy.:D Roy

Roy..............IT'S YOU!!!!!!!!!! New tow vehicle for your dragster!!!! Still keeps you "in a 58"!!!!! Whaddya think????????????!!!!

Hobart

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Looks very cool, and your work is very impressive. Congrats on a job well done! I'd love to see this car in person.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
MAN,,, thats tits !!!!

O,, how some of us can do things Chevrolet should have done !!

VERY VERY NICE !!!!:clap

Jens

Well Known Member
I just heard about this & I had to see what all the fuss was about. I'm with the other guys Joe... That thing looks pretty darn sweet. How did you make the El Nomado scripts? Now all you need is a matching '58 trailer to pull behind it. :)

pic%20083.jpg

pic%20123.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I will have to see that creation somewhere...Maybe put showdates on your web site. Great and what everyone else has said
Robert

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
Joe I saw the "El Nomado" at Rhinebeck too. That thing is NICE!!! Great job. Vin

1958 impala

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Nice set of wheels one of the coolest wagons ive seen nice work o on the EL NOMADO verry cool:clap :clap :clap :cool: :cool: :cool:

chevy58guy

Supporting Member 1
Thank You All!

The best compliments anyone can get is from people in the know. This site rocks and you guys are the best, Thank You:bow

Hey Lee, keep me posted on that Boardwalk show, I'll try to make it.

And Jens those trailers are very cool--I'm thinkin' "El Otrailo"

Robert..this car had it's premier at Rhinebeck, Napa found out I was building it and was close to finish so they invited me to display the car at the NAPA booth.
The car will be at Super Chevy...probably Reading, but my 2008 schedule is not
complete yet.

Bob and DQ...yes, when I designed the car, I wanted to make it as if the car was factory made and customed. The hard part was getting the proportion correct. There were a couple of times in it's Frankenstein stages when I just about gave up---seeing through this one was tough. The structure of the lift gate is such that there is two I-beam supports that run down both sides of the rear section and into the tail. This gives the roof stability and strength. Plus the lift gate is held by torsion bars across the top. The whole unit was re-created behind the cabin and
chopped 2". There are many other nuances in this car the only we can appreciate.

And the El Nomado script was made by Motorhead Jewelry. They are on the web.
They will make any script or emblem you require....Good People!:cool:

Again....Thanks Joe