flag placement

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
My 62 impala was " customized " by the last owner and he butchered the shift plate console. I bought a new insert but it has no holes in it for the flag and my console was cut up in that area so I have no refrence holes. Could someone please give me a picture and some measurements so I can put my flag in the proper location? Please? Brian:D

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Brian,I copied these photos off Mac1"s photo album :dunno

Attachments

• 2-24-06(21).jpg
    2-24-06(21).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 2-24-06(22).jpg
    2-24-06(22).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 2-24-06(23).jpg
    2-24-06(23).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 43

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Jim!

Thanks Jim. They give the general area but as we all know, if it ain't right it's wrong. I really need some detailed measurements and a close up picture or two. I can't believe there are no 62 4 speed owners out there! Brian

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Thanks, I'll measure once and drill twice. Or somthing like that. :roll Thank you. Could you also post a close up picture showing the flag and insert. Thanks so much. Brian

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Dark out!

I haven't heard from GearHead for a long time, good to see you post! He was the one who provided me with the exact location of the "409" script for my fenders (on my clone car). I have one of those consoles Brian, but it's dark out and pics will look better in the day light. I'll try to snap one (or several) tomorrow and send it your way.

Best,
TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Some pics of the plate

Brian:

Not a real perfect SS plate over the console, but here's what they look like (at least, what mine looks like!). Wish I had that NOS one from Gearhead :)

Best,
TomK

Attachments

• SS plate 002A.jpg
    SS plate 002A.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 56

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
MRHP said:
I'll measure once and drill twice. Or somthing like that. :roll . Brian

Good idea Brian !!
I was building a deck last month and some boards I cut three times and they were still too short !!!:D