Global Warming My A$$

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
WOW,,, what a week !! Last week in the NW we had extremely cold weather for this time of year with lots of rain and bits of snow.
Very unusual for this early in the winter.
Then we get hit with the left overs of two Typhon's off the Pacific.

Winds at the coast hit 129 MPH,,,
AND THE RAIN !!!!!
Depending on where you live in a relatively small area we got anywhere from 3 to 12 inches since sat !!!!

Rivers are over flowing and trees down everywhere,,
Paul, Garbageman, down on the coast I`m sure is hit hard.
I thank Michael O'Halloran, m409z11, for calling this morning and checking up on me.

The Portland area is fairing pretty good with just some minimal flooding but the out lying areas and the coast were hit pretty hard.

High winds at the coast are not that uncommon but add in the the un-godly down pour of rain and the ground just can`t hold up and the trees start to fall.

We lost the largest Sitka Spruce tree in the US over the weekend down by the central coast.

To the others in the NW,,, hang in there and lets us know how you are doing,,, dq

Some local news sites:
http://www.koin.com/

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregonian/

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey DQ

Good to hear you're OK......:clap
Our wx has been crazy the last few days with sustained high winds, snow,
rain, sleet, freezing rain, fog and whatever else mama nature can throw at us......:takethat

Global warming would be OK if gets rid of this crap........:rolleyes:

:cheers
bj

Global warming ...:evil
What a joke:evil

For two weeks here, the highest temperature during the day, has been about 10 deg F... with lows EVERY night at around 5 deg below 0 F.

Two weeks now, 10 degrees below our seasonal normal for this time of year.
Been getting a dusting of snow everyday for the past week, and looks like for another week yet.

global warming, my a$$

Wow That Suck Guys, I Took My 61 Impala Convertible Out For A Drive Today With The Top Down And I Was Wearing Shorts And T-shirt :d :d

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry:rolleyes: . High of 73 degrees and clear today. This is my favorite time of year.
:cool: :D

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I think of Oregon or Washington, I do not think of 100mph winds. Glad dq is okay and hope the other guys and gals are safe.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Global warming ...:evil
What a joke:evil

For two weeks here, the highest temperature during the day, has been about 10 deg F... with lows EVERY night at around 5 deg below 0 F.

Two weeks now, 10 degrees below our seasonal normal for this time of year.
Been getting a dusting of snow everyday for the past week, and looks like for another week yet.

global warming, my a$$

What da F,,,,, Now OZ,,,,,10* below normal ??? ,,,That would make the norm 20*F !!!:doh
THAT AINT NORMAL IN ANY BOOK !!!!!!!:roll :roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
What da F,,,,, Now OZ,,,,,10* below normal ??? ,,,That would make the norm 20*F !!!:doh
THAT AINT NORMAL IN ANY BOOK !!!!!!!:roll :roll

I agree with you on that one!!!!!!!! I ain't seen any global warming around here either
Robert

bobs409

Administrator
All this global warming talk. A few years ago, there was no such thing! All of a sudden, it's a major crisis.

I think it's probably being blown out of proportion for someones benefit. Somebody is making money from it. Maybe a way to push those hybrid cars. :evil

I'll be giving this alot more thought while I'm cruising down the road in my 66 Impala. :roll

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
All this global warming talk. A few years ago, there was no such thing! All of a sudden, it's a major crisis.

I think it's probably being blown out of proportion for someones benefit. Somebody is making money from it. Maybe a way to push those hybrid cars. :evil

I'll be giving this alot more thought while I'm cruising down the road in my 66 Impala. :roll

From what the people that really know whats going on, they say that this is a normal warming of the earth that started 10,000 years ago,,

Geee,, cavemen must have owned Hummers !!!

wc chevys

Well Known Member
I wish my part of the globe would warm up,we got 5 in. of snow lastnight and todayand tonights low is 13 with wind chills in single digits