Gotta love the tri five gassers

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Very cool! I always wanted to build a correct Two Lane Blacktop 55 as my next project.
Lot of history on the cars used in that movie. Did you know the 55 was also in American Grafeeti as well.
There is only One of the three origanal cars left :cry

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
Staight axles, fenderwell headers, Hillborn stacks......... man I was born twenty years too late.:cry

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Very cool! I always wanted to build a correct Two Lane Blacktop 55 as my next project.
Lot of history on the cars used in that movie. Did you know the 55 was also in American Grafeeti as well.
There is only One of the three origanal cars left :cry

2 of the original cars are alive and well in maryland. there are plenty of websites and old threads that will tell you the real story.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
http://groups.msn.com/twolaneblacktophomepage/_homepage.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

The surviving original Two-Lane Blacktop '55 Chevy today. Outfitted with camera platforms, it was used for filming the scenes of the car's interior for Two-Lane Blacktop and then sold by Universal Studios. Another '55 built for Two-Lane Blacktop was used for filming exterior shots of the car, reused two years later as Falfa's Field Car in American Graffiti, and then further customized by a subsequent owner until little of the original car remains. A third '55 stunt car appeared briefly in some exterior shots in Two-Lane Blacktop, was rolled over in American Graffiti, afterwards sold for salvage, and later crushed)

I did not count the modified one :D

Glad to hear they are still out there cause I would really like some detailed shots of the car, inside outside all of it.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My 55 Gasser

Where were you guys when I was trying to sell this? I bought it about 4 years ago in Albuquerque. It was raced in the late 60's/early 70's with a BBC. When I got it the engine and trans were gone but otherwise in pretty good shape. The firewall had been cut out and replaced with aluminum bumped out for the big block and there were guages mounted on the firewall in the engine compartment. Blower cut-out in hood and original steel fender and hood welded together and hinged to tilt over the chevy truck straight axle.. There was very little rust and other than the rear wheel wells being cut out, could have been restored to original if somebody wanted but I thought it was more interesting in its race form. I couldn't keep it so advertised it locally and ran it on Ebay twice before I finally sold it to a guy in L.A for $1800 about 3 years ago.:dunno

Attachments

• 55gasserB1.jpg
    55gasserB1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 55gasserA1.jpg
    55gasserA1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 55gasserC1.jpg
    55gasserC1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 82

No409

Supporting Member 1
$1800!

ill post some pics of me and my dads stuff tommorow. tri 5`s and 409`s!

the only way to live!