Great Film From WWII P-47s

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
X2 That's a great film! Was there a problem with the guns jamming on these planes? I wouldn't want t be the guy who had to ride on the wing! :brow

The crew chief rode on the wing while taxiing out of close areas because the pilot couldn't see over the nose unless he zigzags and there wasn't enough room for that until he got out of the parking area. The crew chief could direct him and keep him from running into anything. :cool:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We have a few old planes flying in today .

B-24J "Liberator", last one still flying,,

Boeing B-17 "Flying Fortress", one of nine still airworthy,

North American B-25 Mitchell medium bomber,

They are selling ticket to take flights on these planes to support the Collings Foundation.

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/menu.htm

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
They were just here in Caldwell Idaho. The War Hawk musseum is here in Nampa and has several p40, p51, wildcats, trainers, ME 109 in restroration, and recently had a P38 lightening here. There's more but those I usualy stop and wave to.
Sounds like WWII over my house most weekends during the summer since I am only 3 miles from the airport. Loved seeing the P38!!
If they would get that ME 109 up there and a Zero or two (if any are left) maybe a Brit supersubmariner or two I would spend all day in the back yard.