Green energy

Wow. I have solar panels…my bill was close to $350 per month with fossil fuel electricity. Now it’s $20 a month for the next 18yrs .

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I had a bid on solar roof panels at my last house, I had lots of questions everything from install to my monthly savings to life expectancy the salesman reluctantly said about 20 yrs this was state sponsored then I asked what it would cost me to replace he didn’t have many answers so I passed

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Lots of sun in Florida. What was the total cost and life expectancy?
While its definitely great to have the sun out, panels still work in overcast conditions. I haven't looked in quite awhile, however for a while there, Germany had and used the most solar hands down, and their weather isn't as nice. It's the reason you can get a sun burn on the beach on an overcast day when conditions are right.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I've been sunburned on cloudy days but I'd imagine Florida is more conducive to solar power than many other states.

Reactions: 327
$35K, I bought enough so at 20yrs I am still making 85% power. And there was a 25% or close to government tax credit. There are cheaper companies, but I decided to go with a company that has been in business a very long time.
Basically I have free electricity for 10 yrs, probably more. Utilities go up about 8% a year, more this year. Sounds like a lot of money, but, the return is huge. I hsve never had a bill, and I run 4 ac units.
although, if you have a natural gas generator, that is the cheapest way to make electricity.

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator