here's a good one.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Talked to a guy at a cruise last night who seemed to know a lot about 60s Chevy race cars. He said the Z11 and the other 60s factory race cars had the glove box delete on them same as the taxi and police vehicles. Anybody want to say Bulls__t to that? I have never seen one. I just nodded in wonderment at him and all his knowledge. He did seem to remember the 1962 Delray like mine.

1960impala283

Well Known Member
:roll.... Maybe the cardboard part... I think he ment radio or heater delete... Police cars don't have glove boxes??

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
My error

I think he was talking about the lock button for the glove box.

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I think he was talking about the lock button for the glove box.

I worked in chevy dealerships those years and NEVER heard of or saw such a thing. We sold police pkgs. and taxis also and as far as I know it wasn't in any sales manuals.
I think the guy was too full of..............................................(knowledge?):crazy
Ken

No409

Supporting Member 1
i listen to people, and just give them the nod, like i agree with them

i had a guy telling my what a camaro i was looking at( 69 ss 396/325 4-gear) was matching #`s.

it was stamped CE. proceded to tell me how rare the car was cause of how few CE engines made it into production cars.

It was like talking to a wall. I may not know everything, but i know a hell of a lot about GM **** from the 60`s( and i was born in 78. Go figure!)