Hood hinge color

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I pulled the front clip on my 62 yesterday in preparation for the frame off that is underway. I assumed the hood hinges were grey phospate coated, but upon examination the top of the hinge (where it mounts against the hood) appears to be gold cad plated. What is the correct color for the fender brackets, the hinges, and the springs?

dave in denver

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Gold cad

I got my "gold cad" look using Eastwood's spray products. Pretty good relpica, but probably not the same as having it plated. Just a thought. Did the springs using the flattened black. '62, same as yours :).

Enjoy!
TomK

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
On previous restoration work, I have used a company that restores power brake boosters, to do my gold cad and zinc phosphate plating.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I bet that was "old Booster Dewey". He's done some for me also, does good work. Lately I've been using Steve Gregori. His work is just super and very affordable. If you are interested, You can contact him @ Brakebooster.com

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
real61ss said:
I bet that was "old Booster Dewey". He's done some for me also, does good work. Lately I've been using Steve Gregori. His work is just super and very affordable. If you are interested, You can contact him @ Brakebooster.com

Dewey is here in Portland and I`m good friend with him and the Steven that works with Dewey.
Steven and me meet up at cruzins and both are great guys !!

Their work is out standing !!!

Booster Dewey`s web page:http://home.teleport.com/~umpqua/

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
Actually it is Steve Gregori. He did the plating on the SS ragtop that I restored last year for my wife, and did an excellent job. We won our class at the Chevelle nationals aka Chevellabration in Nashville. Funny how hard I looked,:cheers to find someone who knows how to correctly restore an ashtray.