Inland Empire Driveshaft

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I just today ordered the IE 2 piece 3" driveshaft, 502 option. The trans yoke and the yoke on the rear end are for the 1350 U joints. I have read a lot of the posts in the archives. Can anybody tell me exactly what problems I will have getting this setup to work. IE tells me I will have to do a little grinding at the rear of the stock tunnel for the U joint and the shaft to clear. Iam running pretty much stock heighth on the car. I see Denny said I might have to open up the front to get the carrier bearing to go through. Iam hoping this will work without too much cutting or altering. :dunno
I should end up with somehere between 550-600 HP, closer to 600HP if I use the K&N air filter.:D

62409wagon

Well Known Member
We run a 3" driveshaft. and we can't jack the car up without jacking the rearend up at the same time or it will hit the x frame and possibly bend. i guess you could cut away part of the frame but we just live with it. :doh oh and we had to do a little grinding on the sides just before the end of the frame.
bearing fit just fine.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
What is the contact info for Gordan and the driveshaft company. The ebay link did not work for me. Thanks, Kevin.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got mine from Gordon as well. $300.00 for the complete telescoping driveshaft with stock bearing. They sell them for 849.00 at the shows and if you call direct to Mountain Driveline. Steel bearing was something like 90.00 more. Wish I had gotten it now.

Gordon Flick 928-368-6805

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I just today ordered the IE 2 piece 3" driveshaft, 502 option. The trans yoke and the yoke on the rear end are for the 1350 U joints. I have read a lot of the posts in the archives. Can anybody tell me exactly what problems I will have getting this setup to work. IE tells me I will have to do a little grinding at the rear of the stock tunnel for the U joint and the shaft to clear. Iam running pretty much stock heighth on the car. I see Denny said I might have to open up the front to get the carrier bearing to go through. Iam hoping this will work without too much cutting or altering. :dunno
I should end up with somehere between 550-600 HP, closer to 600HP if I use the K&N air filter.:D

Is the 1350 forged pinion yoke available for 55-64 Chevrolet rear?

If not is the 1310 forged pinion yoke available and use a 1350 to 1310 conversion U joint at the rear?

Is anybody using the Inland 502 driveshaft with the stock Chevrolet rear?

Thanks,
Mike