La Grave Field Swap Meet Ft Worth, TX

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was going to go out about 11:00 on Saturday. it is supposed to get to a high of 62. Friday is going to be freezing all day...

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Anyonew want to meet up at the swap meet tomorrow?

Never been, so don't know where we could meet up though.

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
When I woke up at 8 am, it was still 32 degrees, so I stayed home.

Anything of interest this time?

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, the wife and I went out about 2:00 and walked the whole place and saw 2 409 items, an NOS water pump (didn't ask price) and a restored generator (400.00). nothing else. wasted trip.

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Well, the wife and I went out about 2:00 and walked the whole place and saw 2 409 items, an NOS water pump (didn't ask price) and a restored generator (400.00). nothing else. wasted trip.

I went to the previous meet there and that time there was more than that. Most was overpriced, too far gone or I already have it.

Didn't go this time due to nerve problems in both arms. The cold makes it 200 times worse (pain wise). I just had the right arm operation done 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I saw your request on bubbletop parts. That stuff is getting harder and harder to find. Keep in mind most of the other GM products use the same parts. If I spot any, I'll point you to them. You'll need all glass, rear door panels, and remember the the rear quarter panel uppers and back window panel to trunk is different than Impala.

Got any photos of the car in progress?

Thanks,

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for looking out for me on those parts. I am in the middle of changing my website and will have updated pics posted soon.

The roof is off and I am picking up a 61 pontiac bubble top car on Monday. Got it from CTC Auto Ranch for a deal I couldn't pass up.
I will start the conversion on Tuesday and hopefully have the roof on my 62 by the weekend.