Mailing parts to Canada?

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
USPS six to ten day shipping has a label which must be filled out "Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note", if I remember correctly someone said to check that these used auto parts are a gift to simplify everything, anybody have knowledge on this subject? thanx Dave Foster

Dave, the post office is THE way to ship from the U.S. into Canada.
My recommendation... if it IS a gift, then declare it as such. If not, then declare it as what it is.
The main thing.... declare the truth for the value. It's not like those pigs at UPS with their rip-off brokerage charges. All we pay at the post office, is a $5 Customs fee, and 5% GST tax.

Also, car parts. Make sure you specify the year of vehicle that they are from, or intended for ( makes them duty exempt ), and whether new or used.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Dave, if you declare them as a gift all you are doing is saving the purchaser some brokerage fees. I live in Canada and wouldn't ask anyone to do that as it is against the law....... I don't know that it is enforced but it could be.

Dave

Dan Hunt

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Last week I bought a set of head bolts on ebay from Summit about $90. Shipping UPSand FEDEX were over $100+$24.95 handling,USPS was $49.95+24.95.
I had them sent to Portland Or. for $9.95 where my friend will ship them to me for cost.
3 weeks ago I had an oil pan and fuel lines set from Show Cars for $39.50 with no handling charges(USPS).
I bought some parts from from Jack (Yellow Thumper).He sent them Fedex,they called me and said they woudn't send to a PO box and sent them back to Jack.I gave him an address in the city I live near and he sent them out again.Two weeks later Jack called to say the parts had been returned to him.I asked him to send them to me USPS to my PO box and they showed up five days later.Then I got a bill from Fedex for $130.(I think you know were I told them to put that)