mike clements

Hello, My name is Mike Clements and I live in Arizona. My dad was Louie Clements and he was the car owner and crew chief for Rex White who won the NASCAR Grand National championship in 1960. They ran a 60 Impala with the 320hp 348 engine. If you go to www.youtube.com and search "1960 Nashville 400" you will see about a 3 min film of Rex starting on the pole in that race and running off from the field. There were several 60 Chevy's in that race.
The 348 and 409 engines were very popular in my home when I was a kid. I now have built a very sharp, clean reproduction of the 61 Bel Air bubble top that Rex raced in 1961 when he finished 2nd in the points to Ned Jarrett in another 409 Chevy.
I will post some old vintage NASCAR photos from those years. Some of you might like to see them. One photo in particular shows the 62 Bel Air bubble top 409 that Rex won Atlanta with. That was the only superspeedway win ever for the 409 engine.
thanks for reading,
Mike :cheers

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It's great to have you here Mike. We'd love to see some pictures of your car. Here's a direct link to the clip on You Tube...

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
The nascar race on tv sunday showed a brief clip of rex whites # 4 59 or 60. Thought of this thread. I believe it was in the prerace show.