modern day racing classes?

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i'm hoping the racers will chime in and give advice.

it seems as though all the sanctioning bodies require an "X" frame car to be "W" powered for N/SS or S/S.
Dick McKenzie, how are u guys running NSCA with a BB in the 62?
my problem is that the 63 i intend to race is BB powered.
it seems like the MANDRA website went away so i cant check there rules. anybody have a link to them?
i hate to think my project is doomed to a life of bracket racing. and i cant afford to build another "W".
any help would be appreciated. thanx

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Bob: Maybe train one of your "robots" to assemble a W if the class requires it:D :D
Robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Bob,
Since Pro Nostalgia is a heads up, cubic inch to weight class and there has been a lot of work done to improve the Ford FE breathing and very little in the "W" engine market, Tony Dipillo changed the Pro Nostalgia rules to allow the BBC in 61 to 64 Chevy's. I would love to see another Pro Nostalgia car come out with us. Here are the rules which are not real clear on the BBC issue:
http://www.nsca-racing.net/2007_rules_pro_nostalgia.html
Here's Tony and Patrick's email address':
tony.depillo@nsca-racing.net
patrick.budd@nsca-racing.net

Nostalgia Super Stock is an index class. Appearance is important and cars originally running "W" blocks must still have them.

BTW....NSCA's final is in Columbus September 22nd & 23rd. Nostalgia Super Stock will payout $2500 to the NSS winner for this race. Hope to see all you 09 guys & ladies there. Denny, Allen, Valerie, Ray, Steve, Carl, etc. etc. Come on out!!

Here's a link to MANDRA's page:
http://www.mandraracing.com/mandranew/index.htm

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thanx guys, the only thing that runs right now is my mouth. so i'll worry later when the time comes.
either those are the old pro/ nost rules or i cant read. still says need "W" heads and block appearance. maybe i'll just make some custom rocker covers to fit the rat and resemble the "BIG W"

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
maybe i'll just make some custom rocker covers to fit the rat and resemble the "BIG W"

:roll Russ Campbell did just that.

normal_IMG_3781.jpg

Here's the car, I'll get pics of the valve covers at Columbus. :brow