Police officers shot

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
11police officers shot in Dallas last night. 5 are dead at last count. Sniper in 2nd floor parking garage. Police were protecting a protest march about police shooting blacks. March was "Black Lives Matter". Police lives matter also.:pray:pray If people do not wish to get shot, don't put your self into that type of situation with the police. Sniper is dead!!! "GOOD":appl

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Last edited:

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
And, it's gonna get worse. :doh If all these Doomsday predictions come true, and the Stock Market crashes, all the Free Stuff Stops. There will be, Marshall Law. :eek1:hide

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The saddest part is that it's so ingrained in the society.There is no real way to get away from it.Blacks view it as racial profiling or racism. Whites look at it as though the policemen are just trying to do their job......And be safe so that they can go home to their families at the end of their work day......... Which promotes more racism From the black perspective, News media coverage On blacks being the primary criminal element, reinforcing the white stereotypes on the black culture........ Not every cop is going to be a " TOP COP ". the officers WILL make mistakes, the pressures of the job.....the facing of they're own mortality on a daily basis is more pressure than anyone should have to deal with..........Society and both ethnicities, need to understand that less desirable cops Obviously will be making poor decisions But when those Less than desirable cops make those poor decisions...... they should also face criminal charges as a result of their actions. The real tragedy lies in the ruined families of the innocent victims and police officers trained to serve and protect them

bobs409

Administrator
You know, I blame the fact they don't make good cars anymore. People that are into old cars do their own thing and are generally nice and get along, it's the others that are crazy! :crazy :teehee

I'm too busy installing wheel cylinders and the like to be planning a shooting.

Just sayin' :p

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
all police involved shootings involving death esp are investigated. here in cols ohio they all go to the grand jury. then if people complain
it was fixed in favor of the police, they can go to the fed attorney general to investigate and file charges if warranted. in fact a police
officer can face double jeopardy. go to trial and if found not guilty, then the feds file violation of civil rights. jim

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
It is not the guns. It is people.
There is fault on both sides usually.
The issue of the snipers doing what they did will put more pressure on good cops to fear for their life and this added pressure will in some cases force a bad decision.
It is self perpetuating unfortunately.
We have very strict gun laws over here similarly in Australia. It still happens here. Has happened in the past and will happen again
We have had the issue of police and un justified shootings of ethnicly not European people that brought out the race issue again. The only thing over here is we are a lot smaller country and we have less people wanting to make a name for themselves based on a race card.
One bad decision by a cop should not tarnish good cops names or endanger their lives. He has to be accountable for his own decisions.

Sorry if I have overstepped my place or offended anyone.

Steve

CATS 09

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Some good post here. Most all people have stresses, issues and different opinions, a variety of social and emotional make -ups, or jobs like the police which push all these to the limit at times. Obviously this earth and the people living on it aren't perfect. Unfortunately they'll always be violence and wars.
We have to take responsibility for what we have allowed to happen in our land, I'm putting a very very big part of the blame on the violence and rage that is seen on TV shows, on nightly news broadcast, in too many video games, and in movies. I blame it for the increasing frequency and intensity of this type of crime. This stuff sells alright and for many it's entertaining as heck to see. Adults, it's one thing, but for the children it's totally another matter, a serious one! And children of all effluent status and races can see it anytime, and about anywhere. Compare what we see in all our media (the past 40-50 years to present) to what the old west movies, superman and all the older stuff we watched, it's all about the amount of violence, how graphically it's presented, and what age group is seeing it. This has been one of my soapbox sermons for decades, My point is, children have been seeing this kind of crap everywhere, from an early age, all through their formative years. Children need to be taught AND be able to see by example "right from wrong". That crap is desensitizing to love and respect. In some cases it becomes the "norm". I think it negatively influences too many of our young, and that is a part of how "our world is going nuts". We steer our cars, we also need to steer our young.
Nowhere here have I mentioned guns, not the issue, I want to keep mine.
I feel for everyone that is dealing with loss from such violence, and for our fallen heroes.

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i am not offended. it takes a lot any way. the two shootings prior to the murders in dallas will get investigated. and if the
officers acted wrong then they will be charged one way or the other. butttttttttttttttt we have to wait till the investigation
is done. remember the duke lacross team. i was involved in a couple of po involved shootings. i know how higher ups
the news wants answers now. i did investigate one po shooting that left a bank robber a carrot for the rest of his
life. they turn him in the sun every day. it was a bad shooting in my opinion. he was unarmed and hiding in a vehicle
back seat. no reprimand or anything to the officer that did the shooting. the bank robber was white and the po
that did the shooting was my captain and he was on the majors list for promotion. which he got later. mid 1980's. jim

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
A fact overlooked by the mainstream media. A black racist said he hates white people, especially police. He kills five white police officers.

Where is all the rioting and looting(some call it shopping) by white people? Not happening.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I'm with all you guys, and what Cats says is nuts on. Back when I was a kid, you hardly ever saw blood or a picture of a nasty looking dead person on the TV. Common crap now, sadly, we can't go back.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You hit it on the head Bob. While we can discuss violence in the media as contributing to violence in general, we cannot get a consensus by the so called experts that it is in fact the cause. I tend to believe it is, however the experts will not come to an agreement it is. Obama on the other hand is a Racist piece of garbage. Which I find funny being he is half white, ( I guess that is a race, white? seems ignorant to label a color a race ) Since Obama has been in office, look at the racial divide. Do you believe race relations are better or worse than almost 8 years ago? Did it start with Beer Gate? The other day after the shootings, did Obama come out and unequivocally denounce the killing as a racist murder. No he did not. He once again slowly talked about it being bad, then he went on to talk about slavery. Obama, the half white kid living in what is considered upper middle class. Goes to some of the best schools, has nothing in common with most real black people, is going to talk about slavery. His kids are more black than he is. Obama has consistently divided the country along race lines. It is sad that most parents want to leave a better world for their kids, however Obama is leaving his daughters in a place that he has made much worse. I wonder how he sleeps at night. And while I am ranting. There are no slaves in the US. I did not own or condone slavery in any way, and I don't owe anyone anything for things in the past that I had no contribution to. Get an education, get a job, be a good person to your family and neighbors, and then if some one is discriminating against you, let us know and we will take care of it.