projects!

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
hello, my name is scott taylor or goat boy. i am currently building a 61 bubbletop 409 belair.getting ready for paint then final assembly. my next project is my 55 nomad with 348 tripower.i am sure i will need some tech help from you guys. and just maybe i can offer some assistance as well. my other rcar is a 60 vette that is just a nice driver, not a show winner, just a hotrod. i am thinking very seriously about installing a straight front axle for the gasser look. but i guess that doesnt apply here. thanks, scott

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
hello, my name is scott taylor or goat boy. my other rcar is a 60 vette that is just a nice driver, not a show winner, just a hotrod. i am thinking very seriously about installing a straight front axle for the gasser look. but i guess that doesnt apply here. thanks, scott

Are you kidding, Straight axles are kick a@@.:brow

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah, Straight axles are kick a@@:beerbang

But if you put one in a Vette you'd better do it at night so the Corvette police don't catch you.:roll

Welcome to the site!:beerbang

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
This is the police!

This is the "Corvette Police", please step away from the car, and fetch the title to sign it over to me :) :) :).

All kidding aside, nice set of projects you have lined up. I don't know about you, but it takes me about 2-3 years to get one of these done, and we wish you the best of luck in your current and future projects. Seeing another "bubbletop" on the road with a "W" in it is always most welcome. Tell us more about the car, what shape it is in, and where you are in terms of the engine and rest of thedrive train.

I'm doing a '61 BA sport coupe project as well, just on a slower timeline :).

Cheers!
TomK

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
the corvette police can kiss my..... well you know what i mean. the 61 is a real solid body with only 50,000 miles. not that that matters much now, every thing is getting redone. it was a 6cyl auto originally. it will be a grayish blue with stock 2 tone blue interior. radio delete, cig lighter delete, dog dish caps, 605 power steering, power disk brakes. the motor started out as a 63 340 hp it now has an offy dual quad intake. with afbs nothing fancy,muncie 4sp, 370 posi. the motor, trans are done the rear still needs to be redone. the body is in paint purgatory right now, my body man got "real busy" right after he started on it. he's real good just not spending much time on it. body work is just something i don't have the patience for. with any luck it will be on the road early this summer. scott