Roller Rockers

talentfreak

Are roller rockers worth the money for what they do? Is it recomended to replace the steel stamped rockers? I will be puting in a new cam, lifters and maybe springs, the cam is hydrolic .484 lift. The SB chevy 350 with the 750 carb and Elder. intake.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Talent,,You can get the Scorpion 1.75 through ShowCars and they are a quility roller. Make sure you have new screw in studs that match installed while your heads are off,,,,dq

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
OPPS!

Attachments

• resize of im000367.jpg
    resize of im000367.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 138

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes,,,Heads have to come off. Don`t know about the stamped roller tips,,,,,but,,,,for a few dollars more it`s a great investment to go full roller.Don`t feel too bad as my heads were done and waiting (installed) for my rollers when I figured out they needed the new studs !!
Well worth the extra work as the reason I ordered the rollers was a broken stamped roller,,,,dq

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Tallentfreak, I see that it's a 350 smallblock that you are working on. I don't think you'll need screw in studs as long as you stick with stock 1.5 to 1 ratio rockers. Screw in studs are a good upgrade on the 348's and 409's because the 1.75 to 1 rockers put alot of stress on the studs when you are using heavy springs. Check out Comp Cams website they have the roller tipped rockers that you were asking about. They also have the stock type and full rollers as well.

talentfreak

That is what I was looking for and ordered some from Jegs, the stock style with the rollers, I think that is what the doctor ordered for my setup. Thanks for all the help. Knowledge is power. And torque.;)