serious fires

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Just a reminder about saftey in our cars. At the local dirt track last night there was a big fire. Everybody made it out ok with out injury. But has had me thinking about it non stop since. I know Ive complained about tech at the the local dragstrip a time or two but its there for a reason. Take the time to know you car and equipment. I know I have spent time in the garage with jacket and helmet closing my eyes and getting unstrapped and getting everything shut off. Its a drill everyone should know. Fire has got to be one of the scariest things out there.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/Shackpacker/?action=view&current=Feature5-18HPbigfire.flv

Attachments

• SFI-1-TECHTIP_L.gif
    SFI-1-TECHTIP_L.gif
    77.5 KB · Views: 49

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
bubbletop1961, Knowing how to exit your car blindfolded can save your life. Everyone would be well advised to practice like you do . There is something else non-racers can do. My 62 street car has 2 portable fire extinguishers in it at all times. Not for life safety, because that usually is not the case with a street car, but more for car preservation. I dont want to lose a car because of a simple malfunction under the hood. And of course, it is nice to be able to help others out on the road if need be. Thanks for your post. We all need a wake-up call about safety.