Spark plugs

johnnyrod

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I went to the auto supply for new plugs and the guy there said there is 2 differant ones the same AC 44 one is a long thread end and the other is a short end . I am talking about the threaded area long one is about inch and a quarter and the other is only about three quarters of an inch.Thanks John:?

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
What are the plugs for? Early 58 WITHOUT the water cooled plugs uses the short reach plug (3/4") The heads WITH the water cooled plugs use the longer spark plugs. The early 58 is the only W engine to use the short plug, all others use the long plug.

johnnyrod

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow that was fast thanks a lot I have the 333 heads. So I need the long plug. Again thanks . I am putting points back in my dist and gettin rid of petronix. When i put the resistor on fire wall it is an inline application like 12 volts in and the other end out goes to the coil ? I have been gettin weak spark so back to the start and go from there. John :)

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The Pertronix doesn't want a resistor. Use 12 volts to the ignition, no resistors or resistor wire. I have run a Pretronix for 2 years and it has always worked fine, sometimes I thought it was ignition but it always something else. Roy