Trucking

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This reminds me of a little burger joint called the Squeeze In, in Sacramento. Pretty old joint that was not ADA compliant. The state left it alone for years, until it was sold to a new owner. During the sell, the new owner was told he had to bring the business up to ADA standard, and within a couple of years. He agreed and purchased the business. The business was never upgraded, so years later he started getting fines and eventually was put on the spot. Naturally he complained, loudly, and publicly. But he knew about the requirements, and even agreed to it.

Not that I agree with this ban on older trucks as long as they are in good working condition for safety, and I know the people didn't agree with it, ( well sort of because lots of them voted for these people ) however they were aware of it, and were so since 2008. There are ways around it like updating the motors which after so many years can be necessary anyway just with mileage usage, and is a cost of doing business. It still sucks though, and I hope the people of California feel it badly. The problem is the cost will be past on to others, not just California, and it's coming to a state near you. It's just a matter of time.