When it began

Z11RINGER

HAHA yeah, never thought it would make it that bad. That video is an eye opener. I would think a good intake could be worth 25 hp or so after seeing that video.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I remember reading somewhere that the GM engineers purposely put 90deg. corners in the manifolds because they thought the turbulence would help keep the fuel and air mixed.

I think it also had to do with keeping the manifold low profile to fit the carb and air cleaner height fit under the hood.
This makes more sense then anything,,dq

Speed

Supporting Member 1
Just for you and others that think like you, I will remove my post and will not post any historical information in the future.... so you won't be offended. QUOTE]

Richard... I doubt there are any others that think like me:dunno ...
I've been known on rare occasion, to have a different opinion that most... quite rare though;) :roll :roll

I love NASCAR... and the fact that a 409 was never successful, just doesn't sit well with me:cuss

ned jarrett won a championship with it.:dunno

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
The last time I saw a Toyota it had a V-6 with wrong wheel drive. Somehow they have a V-8 with a carburator and right wheel drive.:

I was in the garage at the Las Vegas race last month and looked closely at Jarrett's Toyota and guess what....The intake looks like a twin to the one on most
F--d's :eek: :eek:
Robert