Who builds The best w motor

BubbleTrouble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Let me hear your opinions on who you think builds the best 348-409 motors wether there is one motor builder that builds a better fuel injected motor or one that builds a better carburated motor. Im Sure there is a bunch of good w engine builders so give me your opinion of who you think is the best.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:crazy OK I have not been in the fix for a while. What kind of build are you talking about? Street performance or race or endurance. I can think of at least six names that will come up in your quest depending on where the members live.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Kurt, but my terms are unacceptable to most people. I would suggest Day Automotive in Missouri or Jack Gibbs in Cal.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
After thinking about it awhile, My suggestion of Day Automotive was a referance to Tony Schaffer. If I have that wrong, someone please correct me.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Let me hear your opinions on who you think builds the best 348-409 motors wether there is one motor builder that builds a better fuel injected motor or one that builds a better carburated motor. Im Sure there is a bunch of good w engine builders so give me your opinion of who you think is the best.

If you brought your engine up to Tony to do................then you could come over to my side of town and we could bench race....that means lie......to each other!!!!

BubbleTrouble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I keep hearing good things about jack Gibbs, I'm getting really close to pulling The trigger on getting one built.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I keep hearing good things about jack Gibbs, I'm getting really close to pulling The trigger on getting one built.

if you got deep pockets, want ot burn up a pile of money for nothing , go to the "lenged and have your car run like a snail. Best bet is Jack Gibbs, or if you want to come north of the border, Nasty1 builds great w motors.

RCampbell

Well Known Member
I assume all these motors we're discussing are based on GM castings....any of these quicker than a 9.21 at 3300#?