First time out

lone 09er

Well Known Member
Thanks I've been watching your progress for some time now, congrats on the tens that's a lot a car to push

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just upload mine on youtube and then copy and paste the link here.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
How do I post a video on here ?

1. Find the clip you want to display on the board. For this example I'm using one from YouTube, I think the board software allows other sites but I'm not sure.

2. Copy the path to the clip from the URL location at the top of your browser.

3. Start your new post or reply.

4. Click on the little "Movie Film" icon in the top of the reply window.

5. You will see this little window.

6. Paste the URL path you copied in step two in that window where it says "Enter media URL" and click the "Embed" button .

You should see a window similar to this:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My best (back when the rear suspension was bone stock / not even rebuilt) was 7.38 @ the same 96+ MPH with a 1.74 sixty foot. I have the rear suspension done now - except I'd like to add a drag anti-roll bar, but the engine is out being freshened. If my 409 build keeps progressing the 433 may not ever go back in. I think my car and yours would be in the 6.90's with a proper 1.50 or less sixty foot time. The power is there.....we've just got to stick it down on the launch. What is your rear suspension set up? Convertor (if auto) or what manual set-up?

P.S. Started to say: "It's that intake manifold set-up causing all the problem. You need to take it off and sell it to me." LOL

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
THANK YOU Dick McKenzie for posting those instructions. I've already got your how to post nice pictures info to look to for help and now one for videos too!!! Awesome.

lone 09er

Well Known Member
My car has 32 in, ladder bars and coil overs 4.56 rear 5,800 BTE stall when I 'am able to post the video you can see it doesn't strike the tires it just rolls out

lone 09er

Well Known Member

Like · · Promote · Share

• 1118479_100005782450610_617218530_q.jpg

Write a comment...

First time out!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
At that height, does the suspension still have some travel to promote weight transfer or is it already "topped out"?

lone 09er

Well Known Member
Not much travel on the straight axel. My problem is that the car will plant you in the seat at 5 or 10 feet out instead of off the line, either not enough hp or the sprag is not right. This I was told by BTE reps at the track

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There were a pair of 'glass doors for a 55 on craigslist a few months ago for $150. Looked like new with nice black paint. I started to buy them even though I've never had or will have anything to put them on. LOL (My name is Jason, and I'm a Chevy car parts addict.)

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
427 bored .030", 13.5:1, solid roller 278*/282* @ .050", all iron with open chamber rectangle port heads.

lone 09er

Well Known Member
409 .60 over stock crank, Lamar 12 to 1 pistons ,isky solid roller 658 lift 317 dur, Tim Johnson intake, BWR heads, manley aluminum rods, 2 holley 600 cfm,s

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
C&A aluminum rods in mine. Forgot to mention those. Single 950 holley on a Team G.
Looks like we built 2 different engines with similar power production. 433" rat and 421" W.