New guy from New Zealand

Teighlor

G'day all, My name's Teighlor and I'm 21 years old living in Auckland, New Zealand!
A couple of weeks ago I picked up my second American classic, not long after selling my 1952 Chevy.
She's a 1961 Nomad, factory 9 seater v8 car. Somewhere along the line the motor's been swapped to a 1977 350 with a 350 trans behind it. Unfortunately the drivers side axle bearing grenaded itself last weekend so I'm having fun sourcing bits and pieces for it down here haha. Annually the Whangamata Beach Hop occurs down here and I absolutely cannot wait for it! If you haven't heard about it, you should definitely look it up! Anyways, hope to learn a lot off this forum!

b30cc795-72fd-4271-9de2-4bdd4982863c_zpsa6ed999a.jpg

Cheers

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard, We have a few members from NZ and I can say they are a bit of a hand full...:poke
One of the members here sells the bearings 1958delivery.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
We're all neighbors here on this little planet. Post your needs here for parts and one or more of us brothers will step up to the plate and will have your sweet wagon up and running in no time. Welcome to the club.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
G'day all, My name's Teighlor and I'm 21 years old living in Auckland, New Zealand!
A couple of weeks ago I picked up my second American classic, not long after selling my 1952 Chevy.
She's a 1961 Nomad, factory 9 seater v8 car. Somewhere along the line the motor's been swapped to a 1977 350 with a 350 trans behind it. Unfortunately the drivers side axle bearing grenaded itself last weekend so I'm having fun sourcing bits and pieces for it down here haha. Annually the Whangamata Beach Hop occurs down here and I absolutely cannot wait for it! If you haven't heard about it, you should definitely look it up! Anyways, hope to learn a lot off this forum!

b30cc795-72fd-4271-9de2-4bdd4982863c_zpsa6ed999a.jpg

Cheers
Hi Teighlor,
As Dan said, nice looking car.
All of the guys on here like pictures
Mike (1958delivery) can sort the correct bearings no worries for you and as Ray said plenty of guys with parts on here that are more than willing to help
If you get stuck for an axle i have a couple of spares
Was it skidding a wheel when it crapped itself? by any chance?:D
Been to beach hop, cool event.

Steve

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Teighlor,
Welcome to the funny farm:crazy, where life is grand, folks are crazy and you'll learn one hell of a lot here from an awesome bunch.
Nice car you have there. I have a 59 nomad, it too has lost it's original heart sometime ago, one day it may get a replacement.
upload_2014-11-25_20-58-25.jpeg

Cheers
Gav

Teighlor

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!
Nah she wasn't skidding haha just cruising along! Bought it from Upper Hutt and had to drive it to Auckland so I didn't want to drive like a looney and not make it! Only got as far as Huntersville before she let go!! I've actually only done 200 odd kms in it haha, itching to cruise!!
Bearings on the way from Aussie through Saeco and new brake shoes through BNT, might as well do both sides whilst the diff's out of the car!
Sweet 59! Love the finned wagons!:)
I'm actually on the hunt for an original steering wheel which is going to be a mission for anyone to find I'd imagine! Has a horrible little 13.5in wheel in it which makes it fun to turn without power steering haha. Going to try find a 59, 60, 61 steering wheel.

My '52 I sold to get the wagon

Cheers again!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thank you all for the warm welcomes!
Nah she wasn't skidding haha just cruising along! Bought it from Upper Hutt and had to drive it to Auckland so I didn't want to drive like a looney and not make it! Only got as far as Huntersville before she let go!! I've actually only done 200 odd kms in it haha, itching to cruise!!
Bearings on the way from Aussie through Saeco and new brake shoes through BNT, might as well do both sides whilst the diff's out of the car!
Sweet 59! Love the finned wagons!:)
I'm actually on the hunt for an original steering wheel which is going to be a mission for anyone to find I'd imagine! Has a horrible little 13.5in wheel in it which makes it fun to turn without power steering haha. Going to try find a 59, 60, 61 steering wheel.

My '52 I sold to get the wagon

Cheers again!
Hi Teighlor,
Drop Phil Reed a line on the forum, he may have what you are after as far a wheels go or Tripower (Dan) may have as he has wrecked a few recently
Nice looking cars

Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Teighlor,
Drop Phil Reed a line on the forum, he may have what you are after as far a wheels go or Tripower (Dan) may have as he has wrecked a few recently
Nice looking cars

Steve
I can probably come up with a steering wheel. PM me if your interested.