63 drag

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
So my car is years from completion,many reasons.....anyhoo....thought I'd ask for opinions and or criticism of what I'm trying to accomplish.right now I'd like to screw together a Jr Johnson 1963 Impala trribute street/ horod.dropping the sponsor logos,numbers maybe a couple of window manufacturers decals.it doesn't even need the same stripes(although that's the way I'm leaning.1 pic I used a corvette fender stripe but would stay with the gold/red black outline format.I think I would use 409 CI inplace of the 427 HP up on the hood,which I roughed in a 4" cowl hood(using that no matter what)the other photo(front shot) I roughed in the width of the hood but not the 3 dimensional look.........there's no mystery motor but a stroked 409 I'll be fine with......your thoughts...............oh my computer paint skills suck.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
And I figured if I ever get to make it a "track" car it would be called "the ol bootlegger"eliminate the trunk lock use the pins and the belair 2 tail light decklid....possibly black out my weld prostars to give some of the sinister look.

Last edited:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
And I figured if I ever get to make it a "track" car it would be called "the ol bootlegger"eliminate the trunk lock use the pins and the belair 2 tail light decklid....possibly black out my weld prostars to give some of the sinister look.
Are your front Pro Stars 3.5" wide? If so, I've got some that are already black. Guess shipping would kill any kind of trade. :bang

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
[QUITE="1961BAir427, post: 268085, member: 2121"]Are your front Pro Stars 3.5" wide? If so, I've got some that are already black. Guess shipping would kill any kind of trade. :bang[/QUOTE]
No i believe im 15 x 6.......