63 drag

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Caught this one at a couple of car shows,Beaver Dam and Ft.Atkinson WI.Have also seen stills and video drag racing
e948856d-0b3e-4c54-b76a-b7a3a84305b0_0366_zpsb04dd072.jpg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Very nice car clean looking, wonder why he deleted the console and rear storage box, :scratch kinda like that.,back in the day when the old gal friend would not have had to set on a hard seat . :D:D {My dad always said when he seen a couple setting real close to each other} ,''IT MUST TAKE TWO TO STEER IT "":laugh:laugh

Last edited:

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Sahweeeeet:bow Thanks for posting! Kinda looks like an old Mod Prod drag car I saw in a magazine, also a 63 hardtop, called 'The Assassin.' Saw it featured in a late 60's Hi-Perf CARS, I'll try to find it again.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Very nice car clean looking, wonder why he deleted the console and rear storage box, :scratch kinda like that.,back in the day when the old gal friend would not have had to set on a hard seat . :D:D {My dad always said when he seen a couple setting real close to each other} ,''IT MUST TAKE TWO TO STEER IT "":laugh:laugh

STEER WHAT?:danceSweet looking car.....:bow

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
This car. Think this feature was from a '68 or '69 Hi-Perf Cars magazine...I have it I just can't find it so I stole this from a google search... I think this is a Z-11 car, but I could be wrong on that. It was a Mod Prod car with a 331/Muncie at the time of this feature. Wait, maybe not cuz I thought you had to have a front bumper to run Mod Prod....I dunno. Cool either way.
49409-assin5_zpsdf58255d.jpg

55806-ass222_zps3434101e.jpg

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
The "ASSASIN " car was indeed a MODIFIED PRODUCTION car that ran at National Speedway ( My home track ). I sometimes ran in D/MP with my '57. I'm pretty sure it was not a Z-11. It did have a 427 though not a "W" It was sponsored by Joel Rosen's BALDWIN MOTION PERFROMANCE here on Long Island:love
:crazy:dance:cheers

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The "ASSASIN " car was indeed a MODIFIED PRODUCTION car that ran at National Speedway ( My home track ). I sometimes ran in D/MP with my '57. I'm pretty sure it was not a Z-11. It did have a 427 though not a "W" It was sponsored by Joel Rosen's BALDWIN MOTION PERFROMANCE here on Long Island:love
:crazy:dance:cheers

Interesting since MP required bumpers, without bumpers they went right to a Gas class??

Bill