Union grove this friday

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
James:

Just got out of class tonight (at 10 PM). Will call you in the morning Wednesday. Maybe we should plan for the three-fer? Gotta check my schedule :)

Our original plans were to head to Byron Friday afternoon, race there on Saturday then hit St. Louis on the way back Sunday :). Slipping in a third destination might just be the icing on the cake!

TomK

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Byron is a very modern track with a somewhat nostalgia look. Union Grove still looks like when I raced there in the Mid 60's. I love going to both and couldn't pick a favorite. Byron has a new tower this year, FYI.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Friday is open racing.
Just found out they are scrapping the rubber of the track for Saturday's no prep race. You would probably have more traction in a car wash. I wouldn't waste my time going.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
WTF! Too late now, were goin no matter what. Just finishing loading everything and fueling up. Thanks for the heads up Dan.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
A big thank you Dan, and I am sure my buddy will have fun with his Camaro. I have already met my goals for the year, so anything else for me is a bonus. My goal this weekend is for my buddy to get comfortable in his car and get mid 12's.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
WTF! Too late now, were goin no matter what. Just finishing loading everything and fueling up. Thanks for the heads up Dan.
Hey Brian, you could come to our local track for Saturday racing. Straight down I75 to Dayton, take Rt 35 East 6 or 8 miles to Kil-Kare Raceway. Gates open at 10:00 am. Pro class just runs 1/8 mile though. We will be there because of a rainout 2 weeks ago. Only hiccup would be at the 75-35 interchange, they are doing construction. I believe they exit you there, go down and around and come back to the east exit from north bound 75. Probably a 5 minute detour. Kil-Kare is officially in Xenia, Ohio, so if you are using a GPS that would be the town to set it for. What ever you decide to do, HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonnie

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Lonnie for the invite, but we made it to Union Grove. Three passes into the day and my buddy broke.................
into the 12's:winner 12.85 at 113 in his Camaro. My goal for his car this weekend is 12.50's. And my third run .................I did 11.85 at 116! A big win for both of us. I think we may watch KOTS tomorrow and make a few more runs Sunday. This is a great weekend so far. Probably the last outing for me for the year. Unless Rob talks me into one more weekend.:D

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:congrats2 Brian. Your car is really running good. Your buddies car has the MPH (horsepower) to make it to 12.50's for sure. It may take some time to find out what the car wants to put it to the ground, but it will get there.