NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well it was a "gas" meeting and bs'ing with all the guys from the forum and also some new friends. This was the first time running the car since getting it finished, I surely must have been the slowest on the track for the week. :poke I couldn't be
more proud to be one of the 409'ers at this meet, the help from all the guys, renewed my faith in people, as it should be. What a blast.... and the crowd loved us. Heading down to Nashville next, but on Monday will go to the corvette museum and hopefully the chevy plant. chow for now... cash

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
To all that were at Bowling Green, I'd like to thank everyone for giving my son (Brad) & grandson (Owen) a great time. Every time you raced my grandson had a smile from ear to ear. The red 409 hat was a hit also, it's the color of granddads. My grandson is only 8 years old, but he asked me yesterday "grandpa can you make me a race car? They are so cool" .
Looks like he's got in his blood now. We had a great time.
I spent most of my time in the shade trees, because I can't take the heat.
To bad they don't allow conv on the race track.
Dave Krueger (ROYALOAK62)

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
To all that were at Bowling Green, I'd like to thank everyone for giving my son (Brad) & grandson (Owen) a great time. Every time you raced my grandson had a smile from ear to ear. The red 409 hat was a hit also, it's the color of granddads. My grandson is only 8 years old, but he asked me yesterday "grandpa can you make me a race car? They are so cool" .
Looks like he's got in his blood now. We had a great time.
I spent most of my time in the shade trees, because I can't take the heat.
To bad they don't allow conv on the race track.
Dave Krueger (ROYALOAK62)

Those are life long memories made............COOL!!!!!!

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Just go back home had to stop and put the pair tire on the suburban one of the fronts had and cord separate.
Had a blast.
It was great to see some of you guys again and meet some new ones.
I had more than three people come up to me and thank use for showing up and putting on a show for them.
And I would like to thank you guys for letting be in your show and Tom K for letting me play with his parts and cars.
I did go out first round dialed in at a 12.50 and ran a 12.41 but it was a win for me because it was the first time to get the car to 107 MPH.
I don't believe there is a better group of people to spend a weekend with.

Thanks James

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Looks like everyone had a great time. Sure wish I could of made it. Hopefully another big event for next year. Could someone please post the results with times if possible. Thanks.

Joel

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
You guys are the greatest! Between a couple of looong trips to the pits and those of you who came by the show car field, I got to see many of you again and some for the first time, I couldn't have imagined having such a good time. Thanks to all the racers who put on a good show and thanks Al Loy for putting it together.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
All of our group arrived home , safe and sound. To say our trip was enjoyable is a huge understatement. To see the grandstands packed on both sides says it all for this event. I hope we can return again. The Bowling Green area is a great place for any event. And thanks to de31168 for the link to the website with the video. I had no idea that existed. I can watch my car get beat over and over and over again !! Congrats to Allen for some great runs, well deserved victory. Thanks to everyone who attended,,, I know it takes dedication to our sport and to our forum to take the time , effort and expense to attend. Seeing old friends and meeting new ones makes it all worthwhile. Thanks of course to Al Loy for all he did. Looking forward to the next get-together. :cheers

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well guys all I can say is WOOOWWW!!!!what a GREAT bunch of guys!!!!:clap:clap:clap................................Now, We all have a friend and website family member that is going thru a ruff time with health issues, Mike Bell first time in 3 years my family and his family weren't together at this event, miss ya mike and we're all praying for ya hang in there, and well see ya next year..............everyone this was one helluva show you guys put on.......congrats to Lonnie Hall and Allen George Jr. .........
.THANK YOU ALL for coming it was great seeing all of you, what a show, and I apologize for not getting over to the Car Show guys, I really wanted to
Mess with Mearl, and would have liked to have seen Steve (64 chevy dude) and Jeremy just heard your last message today sorry I missed you all but if you come back next year, i'll try to do better..................thanks again, I couldn't be more proud to be associated with a group of friends like ya'll hope to see ya soon and make plans to be here again next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:4th2:4th1:4th2:4th1:4th2:4th1:4th2:4th1:4th2:4th1:4th2:4th1:4th2

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Martin and Al did a great job with this show..:beer I was proud to be a part of it and we had a great weekend.. All I can say is if you weren't there this year... Be there next year!! This is the show to be at and its only gonna get better :bow
Thank you to everyone that was there!!
Rick

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks Ricky glad to see you and Loreen had a nice time and a safe trip home, thanks for your help and putting up with me.............Me and Linda look forward to seeing ya'll again next year!!!!!!!!!

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Does anybody have a rundown of all the eliminations? I left before it was all done.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
A great time was had by all! Thanks to Al Loy and his many ardent supporters who made this event possible. Some of you know the time and talent it takes to put such an event on :).

This was a well organized event for us "W" enthusiasts, and a real buzz was felt among the participants when the call came to "get in line".

Congrats to all the racers and the show cars, it seems we behaved ourselves well enough to be asked to return next year :).

Every run was a success and the pairing of like ETAs made it fun for the crowd to watch :) :) :).

Here's a few stills I took of the cars in line and some at the tree:
STA_5821.JPG

STA_5790.JPG STA_5790.JPG
STA_5818.JPG
Cheers!
TomK

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Ricky glad to see you and Loreen had a nice time and a safe trip home, thanks for your help and putting up with me.............Me and Linda look forward to seeing ya'll again next year!!!!!!!!!
Your welcome Martin...by the way, we're not home yet....:D

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
To all who attended the 348 - 409 Hot Rod Reunion,
Firstly, I trust that the majority of you have now returned home safely without to many dramas.

Secondly, to all that I met up with over the last 3 days was a real honour to meet such a great bunch of people and I really felt very welcomed into a very special and freindly environment and the hospitality was just unbelievable and I thank everyone very much for this.

Lastly to Al & Martin, you guys have a lot to be so proud of for bringing together such a fine event at such a large national event and I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say "Thankyou very much, and a bloody top effort". I'm so proud to be apart of such dam fine forum group.:appl:appl:appl:appl:bow:bow:bow

It was a pity it had to come to an end. To those who I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to, very sorry

To all, if you are ever down in NZ, you will always have a couple of great places to stay.

I'm sure I have forgotten to say something or thank someone, but again the group was awesome, racing was choice and the show cars were top notch.

All the best,

Gav