Americans & Guns?????

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Well some of those statements did answer my question & the 2nd. amendment clarifies a lot for me, we don't understand your laws, & you don't understand ours. As for statements about Pres. Trump not being well liked here, please note, Who fought in 2 world wars, Korean war, & most recently in Afghanistan, side by side with the USA,with heavy loss of lives to both of our countries & we still have Cdn.troops in Afghanistan, only to be declared a "Security Risk" by Trump and "slapped" heavy Tariffs in his trade wars?? Risk my A$$ No I don't have a picture of " Mr. Dress UP [ Trudeau ] on the wall & hoping he gets his " A$$" turfed in up coming election!! Remember who took in ,fed & housed hundreds of Americans in their homes, during 911 when planes forced to land for a extended period of time , Yuup , Canadians!!! Also you missed or miss read on gun ranges, I stated "if you can find one" they have closed, Unless you go far north from cities. Thank you to "SOME" who tried to answer question with out getting all bent" out of shape, Had no idea that this would start a "MUD" slinging event whether you believe it or not!! Case closed.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Steve......I'll start looking for a house for you!! 5 bedroom?? You and Lynette, 2 daughters , mom and dad, and a extra room for Gav!!!!!
We have 40 acres right across the road.....built what you want!!!!!!
Just to get Dennis here and out of Connecticut!!!!

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
Everyone in the world wants to come to this country, I wonder why...

...It serves as a deterint to keep the government from becoming tyrannical and turning against its people as we could take arms against them as we did when we kicked the redcoats out of here...

Both points may have been true at one time, but I think neither is a realistic viewpoint in this day and age.

...Canada has not accomplished anything except allowing the criminals to know who more than likely has a weapon, or more importantly doesn't...

Canada has lower rates of firearm related crime than the United States, particularly in homicides.

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/csj-sjc/jsp-sjp/wd98_4-dt98_4/p5.html

“While there may be many reasons behind the different homicide rates in Canada and the United States, a comparison strongly suggests that the difference in the amount of available firearms in the two countries is an important factor. A recent analysis conducted for the Department of Justice Canada (Hung, 1996) revealed the following:

* On average, between 1985 and 1995, the per capita homicide rate in the United States was 3.8 times higher than in Canada.
* For the same period, twice as many homicides involved a firearm in the United States than in Canada.
* In 1995, the U.S. per capita firearm homicide rate was 9.7 times higher than in Canada.”

There are some that may be infatuated, as you put it. Most are not...

This is correct in that most American households do not own a firearm. Only about a third of adults own a firearm. That said, the US does have the highest per capita gun ownership in the world.

Three percent, though, own over half of the firearms in the country. So, one could legitimately say those guys are “infatuated with guns”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...merican-adults-own-a-collective-133m-firearms

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I do not need a gun to protect myself, it just makes it easier for me to do so. Would you feel better if I stabbed you instead? The ownership of firearms was and is a large part of who we are as a nation. I think you all know where I stand on this issue.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Statiscics.....you can find anything to support your side of any story on the internet. Same with the Covid Zero bs.

Kind of like 3 percent owning over half the guns in this country. Does anyone actually think any serious gun guy is going to tell someone how many firearms they own???:lmao:roll

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Statiscics.....you can find anything to support your side of any story on the internet. Same with the Covid bs.

Kind of like 3 percent owning over half the guns in this country. Does anyone actually think any serious gun guy is going to tell someone how many firearms they own???:lmao:roll

He did sit back and cherry pick the conversation to show where his support lies. However you have to give him one thing, at least this time he didn't start out calling names to support his opinion as he usually does. :good

wristpin

Well Known Member
Anyone wants to see the REALITY of murder rates, gun owner rates and political control by district can over lay a map of the three (or look online). Democrat controlled areas have the HIGHEST murder (all crime) rates with the lowest gun owner rates whereas the lowest murder (all crimes) rates but has highest LEGAL gun owner rates. Does anyone need that explained?
Virtuall all the "assault weapons" are not that. Thats a POLITICAL description. Id think everyone knows assault weapons are FULL AUTOMATIC wespons. To have a license for a full auto weapon in the US a FBI and DEA background check is run with a reason the license is desired that they decide IF THEY want to give you a license. If you have that license you give up your RIGHT to search and seizure so you can be stopped and searched and your propery searched AT ANY TIME. And if that full auto weapon is not in your possession and properly stored your next lover is going to be your cell mate.
People do have several or many guns. It doesnt make them wackjobs any more than a person who loves vinyl records. I mean honestly who needs more than 2 albums...only redneck inbred mouth breathers?

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
Statiscics.....you can find anything to support your side of any story on the internet. Same with the Covid bs.

So you're saying that there are even more people that are infatuated with guns than admit it? Got it.

He did sit back and cherry pick the conversation to show where his support lies. However you have to give him one thing, at least this time he didn't start out calling names to support his opinion as he usually does. :good

Kinda funny how y'all are quick to call Democrats, brown, Muslim, and LGBTQ folks all sorts of names, but can't handle it when someone else provides an apt description of you. :rolleyes

Anyone wants to see the REALITY of murder rates, gun owner rates and political control by district can over lay a map of the three (or look online). Democrat controlled areas have the HIGHEST murder (all crime) rates with the lowest gun owner rates whereas the lowest murder (all crimes) rates but has highest LEGAL gun owner rates. Does anyone need that explained?

You should take a look at the map linked below, which was compiled using CDC data. The page also provides a link to its citations. It's kind of interesting which states have the highest per-capita gun homicide rates. They aren't all Democrat safe-havens, and something makes me think the states south of the Mason-Dixon don't have strict gun laws.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/7xoalk
Here's also a table that I just generated listing cause of death rates in each state for the three measured non-self inflicted or unintentional causes of death by firearm (Assault by handgun discharge, Assault by rifle, shotgun and larger firearm discharge, and Assault by other and unspecified firearm discharge). You might find the results interesting. :dunno

https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/saved/D76/D84F781

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
So you're saying that there are even more people that are infatuated with guns than admit it? Got it.

Kinda funny how y'all are quick to call Democrats, brown, Muslim, and LGBTQ folks all sorts of names, but can't handle it when someone else provides an apt description of you. :rolleyes

You should take a look at the map linked below, which was compiled using CDC data. The page also provides a link to its citations. It's kind of interesting which states have the highest per-capita gun homicide rates. They aren't all Democrat safe-havens, and something makes me think the states south of the Mason-Dixon don't have strict gun laws.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/7xoalk
Here's also a table that I just generated listing cause of death rates in each state for the three measured non-self inflicted or unintentional causes of death by firearm (Assault by handgun discharge, Assault by rifle, shotgun and larger firearm discharge, and Assault by other and unspecified firearm discharge). You might find the results interesting. :dunno

https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/saved/D76/D84F781

You could always move to Canada.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
[QUOTE

https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/saved/D76/D84F781[/QUOTE]
Where did I say any of that? This will be the last time I ever have any interaction with you on this board. You are a child. You are always looking for a fight or issue to be contrary to. Usually you just call names etc. Take your no name, liberal ass from somewhere in America and go back to what ever liberal encrusted rock you crawled out from under.

Sorry for the rant Bob. You can delete this if you want, however this guy is just here to be a pain to people.

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Not so ,nudging 78F now & hit 88 F yesterday! [ last summer we had days of 104F] You also forgot "strong BEER & Free health care" !!!!

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Ask someone south of the border how much the hospital bills are if you end up there> Boy you guys are so Negative, Nothing good to say about anything other than your surroundings. Anybody ever been up here to see this country??? The Gov. pays for our health care out of our income taxes + other sources of revenue! Our cost of living is a bit higher than yours, minimum wage in Ontario is close to $15 But one hospital bill would likely bankrupt you guys!!! if you don't have "MediCare or whatever. As one member here said "can't we get along" instead of slamming someone who is trying to learn more about my nieghbours to the south. Can you not want to learn more about us??? We are very similar in some ways.