Passion Polly: 61 in Erath County Texas

Shaark92

Well Known Member
I like cool fluids. engine and transmission oil coolersIMG_0346.jpeg

IMG_0375.jpeg
Retaining "something old" ... the original windshield wash fluid antifreeze bottle. I remember asking Dad what that was when we first got the car. That struck a nerve with me ... so during the build sheet ... I specifically directed to retain this bottle. A new bracket could be installed, and it could be wiped, but I wanted the bottle with the label. So they sealed the label with a high temp clear tape.
IMG_0481.jpeg

Shaark92

Well Known Member
perhaps the most expensive ever windshield wash fluid reservoir. It started as an expansion tank ... Custom washer fluid tubing. After it was all said/done, I realized ... I've spend a lot of money on something I never intend to use! LOL.
IMG_0519.jpeg

Chrome strikers.
IMG_0524.jpeg

for aesthetics in the engine compartment ... the shop convinced me to use the spare tire rack for the battery.
IMG_0376.jpeg

Shaark92

Well Known Member
June '20. Enroute to the first interior shop, a stop at Discount Tire to get "fitted" for Cragars and BFGsIMG_1006.jpeg

for fitment of what they had on hand.
IMG_1008.jpeg

here are Polly's final tires/wheels to be installed after return from the Interior shop.
IMG_1034.jpeg

Last edited:

Shaark92

Well Known Member
As noted in the OP, Polly sat in the first interior shop for 4 months and had zero work done.

Nov '20, being loaded for the trip to the SECOND interior shop.
IMG_1909.jpeg
Been working hard for this door molding. 4 door sedan pieces are just about impossible to get, so we reused the forward section and had it reconstituted, incl new chrome plating. At this photo, still need the passenger front door molding.
IMG_1914.jpeg

Shaark92

Well Known Member
this is the left side "quarter trim???" piece. It fits between the rear seat and the sidewall. Between the rear door jamb and the package tray. I'm missing the right side. May have to fabricate the metal cap as well as the backer board.
IMG_1927.jpeg
The original door panel with the 1985 upholstery removed/used for a template. Still has the OEM aluminum sheet in the middle.
IMG_1932.jpeg
Polly had been at the 2nd interior shop less than 24 hours and the new door panels are already being made.
IMG_1931.jpeg